By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy is back baby

Tagged games:

If thats what you mean, then FF has never left. Even those XIII and XIV abominations were FF.

Around the Network
Johnw1104 said:

Final Fantasy Tactics sequel: Never met a person who played them that didn't love them lol, give us another!

I..... didnt like it.....

*leaves the room*

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Too many games in such a short period

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Definitely a good time to be a FF fan, can't say the same about the last title but the rest I'm sure to play and watch.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Veknoid_Outcast said:
think-man said:

Doooooo it!! which titile will you be looking at first? 

Tactics is up next! I was lucky enough to find a gently used copy at a local store.

Then 8, 9, and so on. And I still need to go back and play 2 and 5 - I have those on those PS1 collection discs. And I have FF3 for DS, so I need to tackle that.

It's kind of overwhelming 0_0

As someone who loved Tactics on the PS1, I personally preferred the remake for PSP which used almost Shakespearean dialogue and such.

If there was one flaw with the original Tactics it's that the translation was rather flawed at times, and the PSP one cleans it up.

Actually, the only reason I got the PSP was because it had Tactics and a couple early Final Fantasy games on it. I'm looking forward to playing V & VI on my ipad one day, I heard they're available there and I've long since lost my Snes Final Fantasy VI (which is a shame because it's awesome and a damn fortune now).

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
Johnw1104 said:

Final Fantasy Tactics sequel: Never met a person who played them that didn't love them lol, give us another!

I..... didnt like it.....

*leaves the room*

Well... so long as you left the room... :p

DonFerrari said:
Too many games in such a short period

I'm loving it :)

It never went away.

Johnw1104 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Tactics is up next! I was lucky enough to find a gently used copy at a local store.

Then 8, 9, and so on. And I still need to go back and play 2 and 5 - I have those on those PS1 collection discs. And I have FF3 for DS, so I need to tackle that.

It's kind of overwhelming 0_0

As someone who loved Tactics on the PS1, I personally preferred the remake for PSP which used almost Shakespearean dialogue and such.

If there was one flaw with the original Tactics it's that the translation was rather flawed at times, and the PSP one cleans it up.

Actually, the only reason I got the PSP was because it had Tactics and a couple early Final Fantasy games on it. I'm looking forward to playing V & VI on my ipad one day, I heard they're available there and I've long since lost my Snes Final Fantasy VI (which is a shame because it's awesome and a damn fortune now).

That's interesting about Tactics. I own it on PS1 and on PSP, but the OCD-sufferer in me feels compelled to play the PS1 version first.

Yeah, those FFVI carts cost a small fortune. I was lucky to find one at Comic Con a few years ago. It's one of my treasures.

Honestly, if they really want to get FF back in people's minds and hearts, they need a good release schedule of the main series. This line up though is moving forward in a good way, Dissidia is a nice change of pace, World of look cute and fun with more traditional gameplay. FFXII HD version is well FF12 so great anyway.

However, when I'm more excited about the FF12 HD version than 15 or 7 Remake, something has gone wrong, in my view.

Hmm, pie.