By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Help Australia get a R18+ rating for games

To cut the story short, everyone here is a gamer and probably believes that as adults we are old enough to decide what we can and cannot have. The censership ministors are meeting up on Friday to discuss if Australia should have a R18+ rating. This would of long gone through apart for ONE minister always not agreeing as he is a old fashioned looser.

Anyway they setup a poll to think what Australian's think about the rating. If you can spare 5mins and help out please vote yes so Aus can finally get some PC games that were just not suitable for a M rating.

Our R rating is equivalent to the US MA18+. 

http://www.polldaddy.com/poll.aspx?p=437411

Thank you

Around the Network

i support it all the way some comments left their were so dumb

^great way to get free games and accessories for PS3,360,Wii,PSP and DS. Residents of US,UK,CANADA and AUSTRALIA (It actually Works i have done it and their is testimonials with pics)

I can't believe so many people voted no. I'm glad the majority voted yes though.

yes I know its sad. They all claim video games make killers etc..

load of crap. if anything video games stop people from killing. They do it on a computer game and know its just entertainment.

What they need to realise murder has been around since man was around. No video game influenced anyway yet. People that doo bad things blame it on a game so they can plead mental illness and try to get away with murder etc.. When in reality they were gonna do it anyway.

Well enough on that everyone knows the story on that scenario,

Thanks again all.

Voted :D

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

Around the Network

+1 vote here. Good luck :)

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Well some people use the "my kids shouldn't play this" line. Which is silly because as a parent you should be deciding what your children are playing. If your unwilling to do the research into it then thats your fault. Besides the average gaming age in Australia is like 28 or something now. So I can't fathom why we don't have a r18+ rating yet.

Sorry but until the South Australian Attorney-General is replaced, retires or dies then there will be no R18+ rating introduced for games in Australia. Even though all the other State AG's have expressed support for the rating, this idiot can stop it happening for as long as he is there. Only when all AG's agree can anything be done. You would think a simple majority vote would work fine, but apparently not.

voted :D

Thanx for the heads up. I can't believe so many people are voting no. I'd imagine majority of them don't even play games and have nothing better to do but make life difficult for others.