By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - March 2016 NPD Thread! Hardware and software up!

Aquamarine said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

WHAT!?

Oh shit. That PS4 bundle is killing it lol. Can you post how much did in January and February including bundle?

Sure. I remember seeing my friend posting this on GAF before he was unjustly banned.

I'll continue on with it so you can keep up with your data:

Call of Duty: Black Ops III: 

January: 627K including bundles

February: 707K including bundles

March: 524K including bundles

Compare to standalone in the software data feeds, and it's been ridiculous lately:

February: 437,000

March: 223,100

Although, Black Ops III is still doing just fine in the software charts (8.7052 million LTD)...bundles are just giving it that extra boost lately.

Do you think Vgchartz total for bo3 is correct?  Worldwide they have the ps4 version at just over 12m.

Around the Network

Wait, NPD public chart doesn't include all SKUs (except hardware bundle) ?

Ryng_Tolu said:

Oh ok. Make sense now.

Mr. Sega said:
Wait, NPD public chart doesn't include all SKUs (except hardware bundle) ?

Oh wait, I messed up! Yeah, 437K is indeed too high for February.

I'm really tired...combining too many SKUs and messing up, haha. This is the correct column:

December LTD: 7,749,993

January LTD: 8,186,864

February LTD: 8,527,163

March LTD: 8,750,219

Ah, ok. Thanks for the correction Aqua.

nice ps4 is a beast

Around the Network

I think the Zelda numbers proves that Wii U owners are thirsty for Zelda Wii U...

Imagine the numbers Zelda Wii U would have done if it released instead of TP HD.

Farsala said:
I think the Zelda numbers proves that Wii U owners are thirsty for Zelda Wii U...

Imagine the numbers Zelda Wii U would have done if it released instead of TP HD.

I think it's more that they're just thirsty for games.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

jason1637 said:
Mike_L said:

"New titles released like Killer Instinct: Season 3". Isn't this more of an update adding 6 characters? It can't be because of a new retail version because there aren't any?

"March was the best month for KI with more than 6 million unique players". Wasn't this confirmed to be lifetime number? Naturally the latest month will be the best one yet?

Killer Instinct Seasons are basically the taken king of destiny but for killer instinct. They add launch characters and maps and add more until the next season. 

Yeah. That's what I thought.

I guess it's the same as SFIV -> Super SFIV -> Ultra SF4 except there isn't a retail version of KI S3. But your comparison with Destiny TTK is probably fitting and we register that as a seperate title. Fair enough then. Thanks :)

Ali_16x said:
Farsala said:

I think it's more that they're just thirsty for games.

nah, its simply a game that appeals to the Wii U audience.

besides, Zelda re-releaaes always sell well. LttP on GBA, OoT/MM on 3DS, WW/TP on Wii U. All million sellers.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Zanten said:
Mike_L said:
"Quantum Break became the best-selling Xbox game around the world". Best selling Xbox game WW in specifically March right? Well since they didn't publish any other retail games this March I don't see why QB wouldn't be the best selling. That statement is completely empty. And what's the definition of Xbox game? Clearly not first party. Perhaps XB1 and PC exclusive? No wait. They referred to RotTR as an Xbox game as well. Maybe just timed exclusive?

Aaaaactually, Quantum Break released April 5th, if I remember correctly, so unless I'm misreading their statement it would be more accurate to say 'Best selling Xbox game around the world between April 5th and April 12th.' Specifically mentioning Xbox games, by extension, is because while they can say with certainty how many games on their platform sold during that week, they won't know how Sony or Nintendo software sold until they receive the NPD report next month. Honestly, given Dark Souls 3 and Ratchet and Clank didn't come out worldwide til the 12th, it probably would be safe to assume Quantum Break topped the overall charts during its launch week anyway, but it's likely legal thin ice to make such a claim without info to back it up.

Bottom line, though, we'll have to wait for the April NPD report to see how Quantum Break stacks up, both on Xbox and overall.

Oh crap, you're right.

Then I agree with you that it's rather odd to include it in a statement for March NPD.

So with "Xbox game" they're simply referring to every single game on Xbox One. I'd wish they had added a time frame then (day 1/1st week/etc). Thanks. One less thing to wonder about :)