By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Cemu 1.4.1 (WiiU emu).New Super Mario Bros U and more now play great! some at 60FPS!.

Awesome!!! Uncensored version of Fatal Fap V, here I cum!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Guess i can sell my WiiU now and start pirating? Lol jokes aside, i remember getting banned on Vgchartz for saying ill play xenoblade on dolphin.

zero129 said:

Well in a way this emu has been progressing at a super fast rate, so its not hard to believe it had people who didnt think it would be running full games so soon and with such good speeds on pretty moddest hardware.

Still its amazing how far this emu has come.

I wonder what you mean by "good speeds on modest hardware" cause it's still in the early days and the emu devs could up the requirements for accuracy improvements but it certainly don't require no NASA computer LOL ... 

Cemu could be a really good work out for my OC'd i5 6600K@4.5GHz ... 

zero129 said:

What i mean is how it runs great on my system already, and my pc is kinda low/medium spec by todays standards. So like you say already, it doesnt take some super computer to run this thing. And them specs will come down even more as more optimizing is done. With your CPU you should already be able to run this emu great with all the games that currently work with it.

I would say more often than not, emu devs often raise the spec requirements due to the fact that they've enjoyed taking advantage of more powerful microprocessors over time ... 

On much older emulator builds you could run a few games with glitches on somewhat crappy hardware but for recent builds I doubt you could get away using lower end core 2 duos ... 

Prepare to upgrade on some CPU that's above Dolphin's recommended i5 3570K ... 

zero129 said:
think-man said:
Guess i can sell my WiiU now and start pirating? Lol jokes aside, i remember getting banned on Vgchartz for saying ill play xenoblade on dolphin.

Maybe that was at a time when the mods didnt really realise how much emulation is a part of PC gaming. Or maybe you where talking about playing a pirate copy. Id imagine if you where talking about playing a pirate copy on the wii you would of got a ban too if that was the case.

I said I was going to play it on my Laptop, I own the game xD

Around the Network
think-man said:
zero129 said:

Maybe that was at a time when the mods didnt really realise how much emulation is a part of PC gaming. Or maybe you where talking about playing a pirate copy. Id imagine if you where talking about playing a pirate copy on the wii you would of got a ban too if that was the case.

I said I was going to play it on my Laptop, I own the game xD

The mods may have been unaware of the legalities of emulation. Which whilst it is perfectly legal, was never always thought to be that way.

fatslob-:O said:

I wonder how some of the naysayers are going to explain this ... 

Yep. Came across allot of people on this forum who said Xbox 360/Playstation 3 emulation would be impossible for at-least a decade, here we are today with functioning emulators and those consoles are still on the market.

Ironically... Those same people also tried to convince me that emulation on the Xbox One/Playstation 4 would be impossible.

Sucks being right all the time, right fatslob?

Also had one user a few years ago try and convince me that x86 CPU's would never hit 4ghz either... Haha
He was pretty hostile towards me when AMD released a 4Ghz chip and was convinced it wasn't real.

Still, emulation is a *good* thing for the industry. Heck it is probably a good thing for the Wii U as a platform as well, more people that buy Wii U games... The better, in my opinion.
Nintendo could do with every sale they can get.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:

Yep. Came across allot of people on this forum who said Xbox 360/Playstation 3 emulation would be impossible for at-least a decade, here we are today with functioning emulators and those consoles are still on the market.

Ironically... Those same people also tried to convince me that emulation on the Xbox One/Playstation 4 would be impossible.

Sucks being right all the time, right fatslob?

Also had one user a few years ago try and convince me that x86 CPU's would never hit 4ghz either... Haha
He was pretty hostile towards me when AMD released a 4Ghz chip and was convinced it wasn't real.

Still, emulation is a *good* thing for the industry. Heck it is probably a good thing for the Wii U as a platform as well, more people that buy Wii U games... The better, in my opinion.
Nintendo could do with every sale they can get.

Emulation of the PS4 and Xbox One would be pretty hard considering the laggard that is gfx APIs. We'd need DX12 to update it's feature set to be much nearer to consoles or maybe we won't get that until DX13! Current AMD GPU architectures are prepared for 8th gen console emulation but not so easily for others since there is already IHV asymmetric behaviour in Cemu! 

It does suck being right but it sucks even more when your getting called out for it ...  

Funny story about not being able to hit 4GHz when we've had 5GHz CPUs ever since the POWER6 CPUs from 2007 ... 

I think emulation isn't good or bad for the industry personally since obsolescence usually strikes console gaming pretty fast before we achieve decent compatibility to be able to motivate game publishers to do reprints en masse ... 

Twilight Princess HD 

This is great news.
It's progressing faster then I thought.
I so wanna play Bayonetta 2.

think-man said:

Wait what? I said numerous times on here how I played Xenoblade on Dolphin at 1080p60 and how it was one of the best RPGs ever. Without that I probably wouldn't even give a shit about XCX because that one looks boring as fuck. But thanks to Dolphin I know how fun the gameplay can be.

Let me also say that I will never ever play XCX on Wii U because I loaded up on enough eye cancer on that console. I can't wait until XCX and Bayonetta 2 can be played properly on CEMU.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.