By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Cemu 1.4.1 (WiiU emu).New Super Mario Bros U and more now play great! some at 60FPS!.

I love soft modding my consoles mostly for emulation purposes. It is nice to have all of my retro games playable in 1 place, but on the piracy side...I am still a believer that piracy doesn't hurt video game makers bottom line as much as people think. I soft modded my Wii U just because I could. I already own every Wii U game I want. I have 34 physical games and not much that I know of actually releasing before the NX comes out, other than Might #9 that I preordered last September. So they lost no money off of my soft modded Wii U. To the point, because it took so long to mod the Wii U, I doubt it is hurting them. At most it helped thier actual Wii U sales get a bump. My biggest advantage to a modded console is having the best of both formats. Having the physical copy of a game with the ease of access of all digital library

Around the Network
collint0101 said:
You had to go out of your way to track down and play snes games during the ps2 era but backwards compatability and official emulation is so prevalent now that people that use this stuff don't have an excuse anymore. The people that keep spewing the whole playing and higher resolutions and preserving history arguments are so full of shit since you'll probably be able to do that legally and officially one the nx gets here but nope you cheap bastards want to open the doors for piracy anyway.

What about the people like me who own the systems and games? Nintendo has shown time and time again that they aren't able to deliver their games in a visual fidelity that does right to the games or players. I own a Wii U and Bayonetta 2 but I couldn't play it because it looks and runs like shit. You can bet your ass that I will play it on Cemu at a proper framerate and resolution once it's possible. On a proper controller no less. Same goes for XCX and Zelda.

I'm not hurting Nintendo, if anything they're hurting me.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
collint0101 said:
You had to go out of your way to track down and play snes games during the ps2 era but backwards compatability and official emulation is so prevalent now that people that use this stuff don't have an excuse anymore. The people that keep spewing the whole playing and higher resolutions and preserving history arguments are so full of shit since you'll probably be able to do that legally and officially one the nx gets here but nope you cheap bastards want to open the doors for piracy anyway.

What about the people like me who own the systems and games? Nintendo has shown time and time again that they aren't able to deliver their games in a visual fidelity that does right to the games or players. I own a Wii U and Bayonetta 2 but I couldn't play it because it looks and runs like shit. You can bet your ass that I will play it on Cemu at a proper framerate and resolution once it's possible. On a proper controller no less. Same goes for XCX and Zelda.

Sounds like you need to get your eyes checked. Either that or step off your PC master race high horse and quit pretending stuff like 720p is god awful

collint0101 said:
vivster said:

Sounds like you need to get your eyes checked. Either that or step off your PC master race high horse and quit pretending stuff like 720p is god awful

Maybe people need to step off their #ionlyknowconsolesmasterrace horse and stop pretending that 720p isn't abysmal in this day and age. But resolution is apparently the only thing console people know. A stable and high framerate, which is the most important thing in games, is disregarded as well. The best 4k visuals are complete shit if they stutter along at barely 30fps with added gigantic input lag.

But I guess some people just care about visuals and not about playability.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I'm honestly surprised anything remotely playable is available already, emulations usually take a loooong time to develop.

I certainly hope the NX is harder to crack heh, nintendo consoles seem uniquely vulnerable to actually being impacted by piracy as most people just want a few 1st party games from them and aren't that interested in the complete console experience. That said, it looks like this won't really be viable until well after the Wii U is retired.

Around the Network
Johnw1104 said:
I'm honestly surprised anything remotely playable is available already, emulations usually take a loooong time to develop.

I certainly hope the NX is harder to crack heh, nintendo consoles seem uniquely vulnerable to actually being impacted by piracy as most people just want a few 1st party games from them and aren't that interested in the complete console experience. That said, it looks like this won't really be viable until well after the Wii U is retired.

Emulators will never be able to hurt Nintendo. By the time they're viable tools, the console will already be dead. Dolphin wasn't really that good until the Wii was already dead. It will be the same with Cemu. The few games that currently run almost properly have been worked on extensively. It will be a long time until complex games such as Bayonetta or XCX run in a good enough state to be played in. By that time nobody will even mention Wii U anymore.

vivster said:
collint0101 said:

Maybe people need to step off their #ionlyknowconsolesmasterrace horse and stop pretending that 720p isn't abysmal in this day and age. But resolution is apparently the only thing console people know. A stable and high framerate, which is the most important thing in games, is disregarded as well. The best 4k visuals are complete shit if they stutter along at barely 30fps with added gigantic input lag.

Performance is very important but a game that dips from 60-45 isn't broken but even then you're promoting a tool that's going to hurt the industry just so you can keep pretending that 720p and a non locked frame rate is hurting you. 

collint0101 said:
vivster said:

Performance is very important but a game that dips from 60-45 isn't broken but even then you're promoting a tool that's going to hurt the industry just so you can keep pretending that 720p and a non locked frame rate is hurting you. 

Please tell me what is hurting the industry when people use a tool to emulate a console that was never popular and is already dead.

I guess people using popular SNES emulators are robbing Nintendo of their precious cardridge sales. Just because Nintendo is incapable of doing it themselves and raking in the cash on PC and mobile. The only one who is hurting Nintendo is Nintendo themselves.

I guess you're also someone of the 1 pirated copy = 1 lost sale crowd.

vivster said:
collint0101 said:

Please tell me what is hurting the industry when people use a tool to emulate a console that was never popular and is already dead.

I guess people using popular SNES emulators are robbing Nintendo of their precious cardridge sales. Just because Nintendo is incapable of doing it themselves and raking in the cash on PC and mobile. The only one who is hurting Nintendo is Nintendo themselves.

Those people could easily buy wiis or 3ds' or Wii u's and play those games legitimately then there are tons of 3rd party snes ganes that have gotten official re-releases across mobile, steam, xb live, psn ect but I guess the master race is too good to buy a console for stuff like that so you'll just steal it instead. 

collint0101 said:
vivster said:

Those people could easily buy wiis or 3ds' or Wii u's and play those games legitimately then there are tons of 3rd party snes ganes that have gotten official re-releases across mobile, steam, xb live, psn ect but I guess the master race is too good to buy a console for stuff like that so you'll just steal it instead. 

as much as it pains me to say this no they couldnt.

Nintendo is pretty damn crappy at emulation. Their own Virtual console (for older stuff, wii,gc,snes) doesnt play as good as emulators out there for pc.