By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Dark Souls III download on Japanese Xbox store is playable in English! Play today!

This is how did it. No idea if this could be simplified. Maybe you could buy the game on Xbox.com (instead of on the console) but I didn’t try.

1. Get Japanese Xbox credit (You need ¥7,452)

I used Amazon.co.jp which is cheaper than play-asia.com. (Play-Asia doesn’t have ¥3000 cards, so the cheapest you can do is ¥5000 + 2 x ¥2000 which including their surcharge costs the equivalent of ¥10,500, on Amazon you can just get ¥8000 and pay that exact amount via credit card)

• Create an account on Amazon.co.jp (Set the site to English) You’ll need a Japanese address. I just used one fromhttp://tenso.com (parcel redirection service, but that doesn’t matter in this case. It’s an address Amazon seems to have no problems with)

Make sure to buy these (and not accidentally order physical cards to Tenso):

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B00JTSVA12/ref=oh_aui_d_detailpage_o00_?ie=UTF8&psc=1http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B00JTSV8W8/ref=oh_aui_d_detailpage_o01_?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Add your credit card. This might not work with yours but there is no risk in trying. Verification may take a while though. (May get stuck on the verification page)

1. Enter the codes and buy the game

Redeem the codes on Xbox.com

https://account.xbox.com/ja-JP/PaymentAndBilling/RedeemCode?xr=mebarnav

Click „ご利用コードを使う“, enter the codes. Hit confirm. It should show your current balance.

Next step is to buy the game on the console.

• Go to settings -> location and change the language to 日本語 (Japanese)

• Reboot with the new settings

• On the home screen, RB twice to get to the game store (ゲーム). (As of now you can immediately see Dark Souls 3, later on you’d probably have to search for it (magnifying glass icon, English text works))

• Select the game, hit A

• On the store page you’ll see 4 boxes in the middle, the one on the far left should show the price in Yen, hit A on that

• It should show your balance in Yen, if that’s the case you can just confirm (twice if I remember correctly) (If it doesn't show you'll need to add a Japanese address under the option with the plus next to it. Address you used with Amazon should work)

• Game is bought, you can start the download by hitting the button that showed the price before. After you’re done downloading it should say „2016/03/24 にプレイ可能“

Edit: Can be usefull. 

Tenso address for Amazon account:
    Postal Code: 120-0023
    Prefecture: Tokyo-to
    Street Address: 千住曙町42-4 TS627771転送コム (Split into 2 entries on amazon account)
    Telephone Number: 03-5739-3341

Amazon payment: After I put in my tenso address as a 'shipping address', I was able to order gift cards using my credit card with my tenso and my US address as 'billing address'. Both orders had to wait about an hour while 'pending verification', but they went through successfully and I got both codes. I thought the one with the tenso billing address would get declined, but it worked fine.

Xbox.com code redemption: I had to change region before I could redeem the JPN codes. On the redeem code page, in the left menu, you can 'change my region' to Japan. Then you are able to redeem the codes, and switch back to normal region.

Around the Network

You can consider doing all of this is a lot of work but hey if you are a DSIII fan who can't wait.

That a lot to do just to get your hands in a game 3 weeks early, you must be a massive DS3 fan.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Versus_Evil said:
why tho, the text is still in Japanese and considering the game hides so many awesome little things in item descriptions and its such a lore heavy game your just ruining it for yourself if you cant read Japanese. I want this game more than anything, hell its my most anticipated game ever! but I'm going to wait to get the best possible experience in a language I can understand.

To be fair playing in English in the first place means your going by translated lore and sometimes mistranslated lore so your mssing shit anyway

Versus_Evil said:
why tho, the text is still in Japanese and considering the game hides so many awesome little things in item descriptions and its such a lore heavy game your just ruining it for yourself if you cant read Japanese. I want this game more than anything, hell its my most anticipated game ever! but I'm going to wait to get the best possible experience in a language I can understand.

People are saying it is all in English including neogaf. 

Also in German aswell: