By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Amazing In-Game Demo Shown for PS3

http://onaxis.blogspot.com/2008/03/amazing-in-game-demo-shown-running-on.html

A website known as 4Sceners have uploaded an image gallery of screen caps they received when they viewed an amazing in-game demo on the PlayStation 3. They said the game's graphics were truly in-game and looked better than Crysis, KILLZONE 2, and Metal Gear Solid 4.

The translation is rough, but they describe the video as opening up with the PlayStation 3 logo showing. The video is called Linger in Shadows. They say the experience was so intense. The gallery features many animals, such as a huge cat showing near a Greek temple, and a dog. They say the quality is something to be desired. We have no idea if this is a game, because of translation. But if you could help us out, here is the original link.

Here are the links to the original article and pictures.

http://www.4players.de/4sceners.php/dispbericht/-/58253/1/index.html

http://www.4players.de/4sceners.php/dispbericht/-/58253/0/index.html&world=4sceners

could be hype, could be something.  i don't know.  just thought id share.

Around the Network

It is not a game. It is a demo from a demoscene group.

Sounds like the "amazing" video of a ps3 exclusive that the BBC reported they saw a few weeks back.

Edit: Here it is:

So what else was I shown? Well, I was shown a trailer for a game not due out till 2009 but was sworn to absolute secrecy. Apparently, Sony just wanted to give a glimpse of what the console will be capable of.

In fact, the game is such a secret that when I mentioned the game to Phil Harrison last week he was unsure at first whether even to admit the title existed. When I explained I had been shown it under strict Non Disclosure Agreement terms he looked relieved.

I don't mean to be a tease - all I can say is that I was left speechless. If the footage I was shown truly is "in game", as told to me by the Sony PR people, then we could be on the brink of a step change in what games consoles are capable of in terms of story-telling and immersion.

In that article he also broke the news that MotorStorm 2 would take place in a tropical setting, and he claims to have seen a Resistance 2 trailer as well. 

Huge cat and dog? Hmm...Arika triple AAA confirmed!!! But in all seriosness I wont buy into this hype until i see it in action. Props to sony if true though.

Edit: Wait, I just clicked the links and veiwed the pictures. Was that the game in question or a PC game because it says pc on the left side at the top? Either way it looks so much like mgs 4, the greenish brown sky, the detials and such. 

makingmusic476 said:

Sounds like the "amazing" video of a ps3 exclusive that the BBC reported they saw a few weeks back.

Edit: Here it is:

So what else was I shown? Well, I was shown a trailer for a game not due out till 2009 but was sworn to absolute secrecy. Apparently, Sony just wanted to give a glimpse of what the console will be capable of.

In fact, the game is such a secret that when I mentioned the game to Phil Harrison last week he was unsure at first whether even to admit the title existed. When I explained I had been shown it under strict Non Disclosure Agreement terms he looked relieved.

I don't mean to be a tease - all I can say is that I was left speechless. If the footage I was shown truly is "in game", as told to me by the Sony PR people, then we could be on the brink of a step change in what games consoles are capable of in terms of story-telling and immersion.

In that article he also broke the news that MotorStorm 2 would take place in a tropical setting, and he claims to have seen a Resistance 2 trailer as well. 

I stopped right there LOL.....JK...This game really doesn't look all that good...I mean it's GREAT but to me, Crysis still looks better.. 

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:

I don't think it is the "amazing" video the guy from BBC was talking about.

It is just a demo from sceners showing their programming skills.

Maybe crysis on basic settings. Doubt on high.

Look at the tentacle creatures eyes, looks too similiar to the shadow of the colussus colossi faces. Im somewhat convinced this is team ico's next project.

This better not be an april fools prank. 

it looks good but until see concrete info I think this will amount to nothing.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

I wonder if a game will actually ever come out of this stuff.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson