By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - DS touchscreen, 3ds 3d effect, Wii motion controls, Kinect, now VR, what's next?

These stupid gimmicks aren't gonna continue forever. I'm honestly sick of them. Look how successful the PS4 is! Just a normal controller and good ass games THAT'S ALL what it takes to make a good system. Gimmicks are fun at first but they won't last forever... look at the Wii U, Look at Xbox One kinect, they're all dead.

But this is an honest question. What is next??? 4 wall sized screens? Mind controlling controls? These stuff is making gaming sour for me and if this Virtual Reality is the next generation of gaming... Then I'm out! I'll go watch movies for enterainment instead or play mini golf. 

What do you think what could be the next gaming gimmick since technology is rising?  

User was moderated for this post ~ CGI-Quality

Around the Network

Lol PS4 has VR. Xbone's Kinect is ignored, pretty normal as well.

As for handhelds, at least it wasn't the main attraction. Most people could care less for the 3D or back touchscreen of the Vita.

Gimmicks rarely do anything, they're usually busts(such as a screen in a goddamn controller). Though, they're nice additions to gaming. No one wants gaming to stay the same. That's boring.

If you hate change, stick to your mini golf. Good for you. More games for the rest of us

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

I don't agree. I'm partial to some of those inventions, but I really appreciate that they try to bring something new to the gaming world. Just imagine that 20, 30 years later we'll stick with the same controllers, same games, same everything. Jesus, I'll quit the gaming world!

Alright it's time to cut the show short. Nothing good is going to come out of this thread with this kind of attitude especially considering that your OP is essentially an angry rant towards these "gimmicks". I'm not sure what type of response you want to achieve with this thread but given the overall tone it doesn't seem like you're looking for any "honest" answers.