By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - February 2016 NPD Thread! Hardware estimates up!

Wow...seeing Fates that high up makes me smile. Very well deserved, fantastic game.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network

I think a lot of people ganging up on SFV will be eating crow by June.

Some people forget that esports has become bigger to the point that it cannot be ignored anymore and the longer you wait, the lesser momentum you'll get. Capcom made a big risk and I feel like it's going to be worth it at the end.

Plus shipping or selling thru a million by March isn't really bombing, it underperformed. Doubt SFV needed a $50M budget to make it anyway judging the content.

binary solo said:
Jranation said:

Oh thats alright! I think  me and Tbone quoted you at the same time, where my one went to a new page. Soooo when you click back at this thread it only directed you to Tbone. 

I see, so there are two versions of the game. I had no idea since I know very little of the franchise or the game. Is it like the pokemon situation where you can only have one game save per game? Why are there two versions? Would many people buy both versions? Does this aggregate of sales represent what the game would have sold if they had only released one version like pretty much every game ever aside from Pokemon?

Im sorry if my xplanation is confusing, but the whole thing IS confusing XD 

- 2 Versions! Birthrght and Conquest 

- Both released on the same day! Both each has Physical and Digital coppies!

- The difference between them are: Story! Characters/Classes! Gameplay (Like different objectives to win, what you can access in terms of levelling up) 

- Now here is the tricky part! If you buy One Version in Physical or Digital, you can get the other version as a DLC in HALF/CHEAPER PRICE.  <----- This DLC does not seem to be included in this NPD Data. 

- Each Version has 3 save files. If you then buy the other Version, you will get another 3 save files. 

- I dont think there is a PROPER Explanation to why there is 2 versions. Maybe if they put everything into 1 Version, then the price for that would Increase! Maybe much more expensive than a normall 3DS Game. 

- I would say at least 50% of the people would buy both versions. Because who knows when we will get the next Fire Emblem Game. And this could be the last Fire Emblem game on the 3DS.

- I dont think the sales would be less if it gets put into 1 version. Because the DATA provided on this thread is the sales of people buying their FIRST VERSION! The second version they buy through DLC doesn't count because its DLC!  The only reason I could think of whch it could is the Price. If it cost more than a normal 3DS game then people might hesitate to buy it. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

The PS4 is going to win the U.S. this generation by a pretty healthy margin...Damn.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

PS4 - 405k
XBO - 248k
Wii U - 69k

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=198122193&postcount=1003

Around the Network

SF5 has 2 SKUs and the total between the two is more than Naruto PS4.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=198122803&postcount=1020

So Naruto PS4 < 210k.

TheGoldenBoy said:

So Naruto PS4 < 210k.

-30 / 2

Hey guys, is there a thread with the NPD running totals? Because that would be super helpful...

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Ignore.

The lower the sales, the bigger the press release.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."