By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. March monthly bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Swordmasterman said:

I Wonder how Japanese games will chart on Amazon, now they are allowing you to Import games from Japan, and Japanese games are selling more on the West, also, Western games are selling more on Japan, will be interesting to see if Star Ocean 5, Persona 5, and i think that Dragon Quest Builders, also was confirmed for the West was not ?, those Minor Japanese games will be interesting to see in the Ranking of Amazon.

I Also think that Dragon Quest, had the same Potential as Final Fantasy, in the West, but they aways lock the Titles for Japan Only, this Franchise is pratically a Japan Exclusive, and sold 60+ Millions of units, could be at Final Fantasy's Level if Enix, was like Square Soft, back in the 80s, and the 90s.

I'm not sure I follow with the Japanese games affecting Amazon. Surely people ordering imports go straight to the customer, or are you suggesting that Amazon might become the middle man, so to speak?

And yes, the Japanese seem to make some odd decisions sometimes. I'm sure there's a reason but I can't see that reason being something that could equally counter the possitives of going worldwide. The fact they wouldn't allow streaming of DQH shows they're out of touch with how the market is developing. There they are banning people from promoting their games to people who may never have heard of DQ before, and instead relying on knowledge of the franchise, and on the other hand you have developers happily getting Youtubers to Let's play the fist chapters of their games to advertise. There's a sense of too much ownership with Japanese publishers and developers to me.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
Shadow1980 said:
Here's today's update to the monthly rankings:

PS4 CoD bundle: #21 (—)
XBO Gears bundle: #49 (↓3)

And here's the final update to the Week 3 rankings:

PS4 CoD bundle: #18 (—)
XBO Gears bundle: #52 (↓4)

Wow, ps4 is dominating despite being 50 cheaper, in MS strongest territory. Yay first post.

Is that really the only XBox bundle in the monthly rankings? Don't they have like 4-5 different bundles.

Looks like the PSVR bundle will go back up for preorder at 2pm Pacific time tomorrow 3.24.16

B-Real206 said:

Is that really the only XBox bundle in the monthly rankings? Don't they have like 4-5 different bundles.

Looks like the PSVR bundle will go back up for preorder at 2pm Pacific time tomorrow 3.24.16

Yes, it's the only bundle in top 100 in the hourlies, so the other bundles definitely wouldn't be in the monthlies. 

Crazy 😵

Around the Network

5 Hours since last update:

HARDWARE:
#06 PSVR Launch Bundle (down 2)
#15 PS4 Black Ops 3 Bundle (down 3)
#63 XB1 Gears Bundle (down 12)
#282 XB1 Quantum Break Bundle (up 10)

SOFTWARE:
#12 PS4 No Man's Sky LE (down 4)
#24 PS4 MLB The Show (down 3)
#31 PS4 MLB The Show MPV Edition (down 2)
#33 PS4 Uncharted: A Thief's End (up 2)
#48 PS4 Ratchet And Clank (up 5)
#56 XB1 Quantum Break (up 10)
#84 WiiU Starfox Zero (same)

The PS5 Exists. 

KinofChaos said:
Shadow1980 said:
Here's today's update to the monthly rankings:

PS4 CoD bundle: #21 (—)
XBO Gears bundle: #49 (↓3)

And here's the final update to the Week 3 rankings:

PS4 CoD bundle: #18 (—)
XBO Gears bundle: #52 (↓4)

Wow, ps4 is dominating despite being 50 cheaper, in MS strongest territory. Yay first post.

Congrats and welcome.

GribbleGrunger said:

5 Hours since last update:

HARDWARE:
#06 PSVR Launch Bundle (down 2)
#15 PS4 Black Ops 3 Bundle (down 3)
#63 XB1 Gears Bundle (down 12)
#282 XB1 Quantum Break Bundle (up 10)

SOFTWARE:
#12 PS4 No Man's Sky LE (down 4)
#24 PS4 MLB The Show (down 3)
#31 PS4 MLB The Show MPV Edition (down 2)
#33 PS4 Uncharted: A Thief's End (up 2)
#48 PS4 Ratchet And Clank (up 5)
#56 XB1 Quantum Break (up 10)
#84 WiiU Starfox Zero (same)

PS4 Domination... PS4 Domination everywhere.

8 Hours since last update:

HARDWARE:
#09 PSVR Launch Bundle (down 3)
#12 PS4 Black Ops 3 Bundle (up 3)
#62 XB1 Gears Bundle (up 1)
#313 XB1 Quantum Break Bundle (down 31)

SOFTWARE:
#14 PS4 No Man's Sky LE (down 2)
#20 PS4 MLB The Show (up 4)
#24 PS4 MLB The Show MPV Edition (up 7)
#33 PS4 Uncharted: A Thief's End (same)
#41 PS4 Ratchet And Clank (up 7)
#66 XB1 Quantum Break (down 10)
#78 WiiU Starfox Zero (up 6)

The PS5 Exists. 

Shadow1980 said:

Yes I do. I've probably made close to a hundred different charts.

You should ask for a unique tag on your profile. Something like "ChartzMaster".