By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Multiplayer being considered for Dragon Quest Builders 2!

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/02/01/square-enix-may-consider-multiplayer-make-dragon-quest-builders-2/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+siliconera%2FMkOc+%28Siliconera%29

So it sounds like,  if builders sells enough and there's demand for a sequel SE will give it multiplayer.  

I think builders can do good if it's legs are long but a builders 2 with multiplayer could be huge.  

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
I think most RPG type games should have co-op or multiplayer. Online ofcourse.

No, please no.Most games work best as single players, and thats specially true for RPGs.Having said that, a game like DQB could really benefit from multiplayer, since its essensially a sandbox game(correct me if im wrong), and a game that thrives in people creativeness, and people love to show their stuff to other people.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Dang, game barely came out, and they're already thinking of a sequel? I think they should slow down before they start thinking about that.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Im surprised this one didn't

twintail said:
Cloudman said:
Dang, game barely came out, and they're already thinking of a sequel? I think they should slow down before they start thinking about that.

Pretty much how all games work.

Yeah, that's usually how it goes. Though when they do it this quickly, I wonder what reason it is they are doing it for.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
twintail said:
Cloudman said:

Yeah, that's usually how it goes. Though when they do it this quickly, I wonder what reason it is they are doing it for.

Well there is nothing to glean here. The producer is asked in an interview if they plan to continue the DQB based on other entries in the series, and he merely states that if there are features fans want they will look into implementing them. One thought just happens to be MP.

it really means nothing at this point. Im sure there are lots of ideas in every game that dont come to fruition for various reasons, or thought of too late into development. 

I see, I guess it sounded like they were thinking about it already, but just it turned out be an interview, haha.

Dance my pretties!

Cloudman said:
twintail said:

Well there is nothing to glean here. The producer is asked in an interview if they plan to continue the DQB based on other entries in the series, and he merely states that if there are features fans want they will look into implementing them. One thought just happens to be MP.

it really means nothing at this point. Im sure there are lots of ideas in every game that dont come to fruition for various reasons, or thought of too late into development. 

I see, I guess it sounded like they were thinking about it already, but just it turned out be an interview, haha.

They are thinking about it.  That doesn't mean they're already doing it.  Sony are thinking about the PS5.  Doesn't mean they're actually doing it anytime soon.  

Basically he's asked what he thinks and he says if the demand for a sequel is there and people want multiplayer they will consider it.  A game like this needs something major to differentiate it from the first.  It's why it's so hard to make a minecraft 2 because the first is perfect and has everything,  that the community wants.  

I'd say it was tactical not giving builders an online,  

#1 because it's cheaper and so this new series was less financially risky 

#2 because if they ever want to make a builders 2 they can add online and it will sell all over again (probably more)  

OneKartVita said:
Cloudman said:

They are thinking about it.  That doesn't mean they're already doing it.  Sony are thinking about the PS5.  Doesn't mean they're actually doing it anytime soon.  

Basically he's asked what he thinks and he says if the demand for a sequel is there and people want multiplayer they will consider it.  A game like this needs something major to differentiate it from the first.  It's why it's so hard to make a minecraft 2 because the first is perfect and has everything,  that the community wants.  

I'd say it was tactical not giving builders an online,  

#1 because it's cheaper and so this new series was less financially risky 

#2 because if they ever want to make a builders 2 they can add online and it will sell all over again (probably more)  

Considering is borrows elements from Minecraft, I'm surprised it doesn't have MP. Minecraft has that, so I wonder why this one doesn't. Maybe they ran out of time or something.

Dance my pretties!