By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - the Wii U is not getting replaced this year, guys

Soundwave said:
GameCube owners got totally fucked on Twilight Princess. Not only did they have the game delayed several times for the Wii launch window, the real slap in the face was that they had to sit and wait an extra couple of weeks on top of that while random soccer mom could play the game on Wii, but they couldn't, lol. And the physical release was very limited on the GCN, like one print run and that's it.

I wouldn't be that surprised if Nintendo does the same thing again.

That's a strong denial.

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
slab_of_bacon said:

So has anyone convinced the other to change their stance yet?

Perhaps some Tekken Tag Tournament 2 would settle things.

The simple truth is that there are 2 major reasons they shouldn't port it to NX that noone can provide an answer to.

1:Drop in consumer confidence in Nintendo hardware.

2:NX owners will more than likely already be able to play Zelda U through backwards compatibility.

The delay already dropped the consumer confidence. How do you not mentioned it? Oh, and NX won't likely be backwards compatible. And in case it is, that's not an argument as it wasn't for all the Wii games coming to Wii U or the GC to Wii.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
bigtakilla said:

The simple truth is that there are 2 major reasons they shouldn't port it to NX that noone can provide an answer to.

2:NX owners will more than likely already be able to play Zelda U through backwards compatibility.

The delay already dropped the consumer confidence. How do you not mentioned it? Oh, and NX won't likely be backwards compatible. And in case it is, that's not an argument as it wasn't for all the Wii games coming to Wii U or the GC to Wii.

People were fine with the delay being it was supposed to improve the overall experience of the game.

bigtakilla said:
Pavolink said:

People were fine with the delay being it was supposed to improve the overall experience of the game.

And people will be fine with this when they throw at us another PR. People will eat as well.

Pavolink said:
bigtakilla said:

And people will be fine with this when they throw at us another PR. People will eat as well.

A gamble I hope Nintendo can afford.

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
bigtakilla said:

Only TP and a few other wii games (ported digitally) were released on Wii U. Meanwhile only New play control GC games came to wii, even TP.

I don't think it is either, releasing a successor before the end of the year with little to no build besides maybe a big showing at E3 would be a disaster. If Nintendo is to recover not only the consumer confidence but that of other publishers, they have to make sure the system will have a strong line up and be capable of meeting developer expectations or gather their interest.

If Nintendo has just started showing off dev kits last year that is not enough time and they will fall into the same issues they had with the Wii U, older games because they made for fast ports and droughts as the teams try to iron out things in their games.

NoirSon said:
I don't think it is either, releasing a successor before the end of the year with little to no build besides maybe a big showing at E3 would be a disaster. If Nintendo is to recover not only the consumer confidence but that of other publishers, they have to make sure the system will have a strong line up and be capable of meeting developer expectations or gather their interest.

If Nintendo has just started showing off dev kits last year that is not enough time and they will fall into the same issues they had with the Wii U, older games because they made for fast ports and droughts as the teams try to iron out things in their games.

You were the 666th post...

Your profile picture is also an eye.

Illuminati music plays

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

hershel_layton said:
NoirSon said:

You were the 666th post...

Your profile picture is also an eye.

Illuminati music plays

Wow, I know I missed church today but I didn't see that one coming.

Also the picture is of demon lord from beyond normal time and space... take that for what you will.

NoirSon said:

How do you know third parties need more time with the devkits while ps4 devkits where given months before release and why do you believe that an older system of showing way before the release is going to gain back the consumer confidence.

I mean, pretty intrigued on why people believe that a closer announcement to the release is going to be bad for Nintendo.