By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy 15 has two types of Magic, Director on role of women in the game

Tagged games:

Would you like to have female characters playable in Final Fantasy XV?

Yes 54 79.41%

No 10 14.71%

Total:64

I am not a (modern) feminist, nor a woman. I find the lack of female playable characters annoying - not on grounds that it is sexist - but because it impedes my ability to role-play. I like to experience different perspectives and create my characters abilities around said perspectives in my JRPG's and removing a whole gender from the equation just makes it bland. It would be less annoying if it was for a more interesting reason than a "road-trip" theme. I think the "road-trip" idea is unappealing as well. I was hoping it would comprise only a small segment of the game (20-30% at most) but unfortunately it seems as if it will last for most of it.

Around the Network
Chevinator123 said:
arcaneguyver said:
Sad that we can have a girls-only club game (FF10-2) but not a male version without complaints.

yea and the last 3 FF games had female protags too

Ye, having a varied cast of characters is intersting and important, but not all storys are born that way, some are about groups of men/women or whatever. If every story from now on is forced to have 50/50 share of each ethiny and gender itll all become rather stupid cause thats not what happens in normal social interactions on the world.

The debate swings back and forth all the time.. I think the main issue with these stupid gender debates is that they constantly forget that gender is ONE part of a person. Reducing every single aspect of that person into his/her genitalia is disgusting. *sigh* Oh well. Haters gonna hate, right?

FFXV looks freakin' amazing and that's all I care about.
I enjoy playable female characters, but in the end, as long as they are good characters it doesn't really matter to me.

I'm still kinda bummed that there is no female character in the main cast. Having a mixed cast can usually make for some funny conversations, but with all doods I guess you can talk about girls and make dick jokes haha...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

sc94597 said:

I am not a (modern) feminist, nor a woman. I find the lack of female playable characters annoying - not on grounds that it is sexist - but because it impedes my ability to role-play. I like to experience different perspectives and create my characters abilities around said perspectives in my JRPG's and removing a whole gender from the equation just makes it bland. It would be less annoying if it was for a more interesting reason than a "road-trip" theme. I think the "road-trip" idea is unappealing as well. I was hoping it would comprise only a small segment of the game (20-30% at most) but unfortunately it seems as if it will last for most of it.

Cold war > war > losing homeland > staying on the road because there is no place to return to > whatever comes next. 

Reducing that series of events to "dudes on a road trip" is taking things out of context and making uneducated guess based on it. The journey is meant to be full of emotions and meaningful events.

Anyways, all male party is a new take in the Jrpgs scene. People demanding female characters for the sake of "diversity" are really demanding the game to be more of the same when it comes to the characters.To be exactly like previous FFs and the majority of Jrpgs out there. They are really asking for less diversity on the bigger picture if you think about it. Style over substance.

Around the Network
VXIII said:

Anyways, all male party is a new take in the Jrpgs scene. People demanding female characters for the sake of "diversity" are really demanding the game to be more of the same when it comes to the characters.To be exactly like previous FFs and the majority of Jrpgs out there. They are really asking for less diversity on the bigger picture if you think about it. Style over substance.

I think people would also like to see a dog character and or Moogle too. Or just some variety to character line up. Looks like caucasian males mid to late 20s, yet this is FF where we've had numerous female leads, a male lead with a tale, a dog/cat, a moogle, sasquatch, a big blue lion, an old man and his gran-daughter, young twin mages, a bunny girl and a rat.

Hmm, pie.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
People complaining about an all male cast ( that is there because its the main fucking theme of this game ) if they dont like this they can always play games like star ocean, there you have a male protagonist and bunch of lolis for you to fap too.

Lol.

Indeed, mate. If XV is going to be good, it will be because of staying true to its creative vision and the substance it was built on. Demanding it to be different because of personal preferences is asking for style over substance.

The Fury said:
VXIII said:

I think people would also like to see a dog character and or Moogle too. Or just some variety to character line up. Looks like caucasian males mid to late 20s, yet this is FF where we've had numerous female leads, a male lead with a tale, a dog/cat, a moogle, sasquatch, a big blue lion, an old man and his gran-daughter, young twin mages, a bunny girl and a rat.

Style over substance, indeed. I don't approve.

twintail said:
Cloudman said:
I'm still kinda bummed that there is no female character in the main cast. Having a mixed cast can usually make for some funny conversations, but with all doods I guess you can talk about girls and make dick jokes haha...

As opposed to what exactly? You think a one gender party cant make for funny conversations because of?

...but I just said right after how an all guy cast could have fun too... o_o

And I don't mean they still can't have fun with a same gender cast. I just feel it wouldn't be as interesting. Girls have different mindsets, so that would make for more interesting interaction in a party. That's how I feel about it at least, haah xD

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

VXIII said:

Style over substance, indeed. I don't approve.

Don't worry, I get your arguements and honestly, don't really care of the line up. Just putting up arguments. Is it disappointing to lack characters? Sure but from a gameplay perspective, not diversity in my view,  especially when we have been used to at least 6 (with some temp ones) for about 20 years now. I mean beyond basic stats and limits, characters in FF7 and 8 could fit most roles so party only mattered to personal preference anyway.

When the game was originally shown, all those year ago... I think the cold war just ended... many presumed certain characters were in the party, years later when this isn't the case it's disappointing to them.

Hmm, pie.