By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - With the Wii U emulator 'Cemu' becoming increasingly usable, what can we hope from it?

Yesterday, a video was posted on Youtube showcasing the new Wii U emulator 'Cemu' running Mario Kart 8 (See above), albeit at a low frame rate. However, this is a massive improvement from what we were shown a few months back, where it could only run the title screen of NES Remix, and needed a very high spec computer just for that. It is very impressive how much better this emulator gets everytime we are given updates on it, and i am excited to see how much better it gets in the coming months.

However, the point i want to make in this thread is what we can expect from this emulator. Will it soon become as big as Dolphin perhaps? Can we expect mods of Smash 4 like in Project M? Will they be able to allow use of the gamepad? I am very anxious to see if any of these things will be acomplished. I am also very curious as to when they will be able to make it playable for lower spec computers.

What do you guys think? Please tell me your opinions!

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

Around the Network

I personally can't wait to play xcx on the wiiu emulator at 1080p with AA and most importantly... The epic boob slider thats missing in NA T_T

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I hope its as big as dolphin.

I view emulators as a way to play old gen console games, that you own.
(even if by then your old console died on you, or you threw it out)

Basically you preserve gameing history.

By the time this is able to play games well (2years from now?) sales of the Wii U will be so low it wont have effected it any (software or hardware sales wise). I dont really think it hurts the industry, and if it allows you to play your old games, without depending on a console (which tend to break down over the years) all the better.

Also Im curious to see what nintendo games look like, once theyre running higher resolutions and with AA levels on.

The dolphin emulator can do crazy stuff graphically to the Wii games it emulates (makeing them look much better).