By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Forbes: PS4 is terrorist communication device

GamechaserBE said:
GribbleGrunger said:

This has got to be one of the most distasteful articles I've ever seen. The fact that they've said this is only possibly the case, shows quite clearly they've manipulated the terrible events in Paris in order to write an article about video games ... VIDEO GAMES -- you know, that hobby we play while people are getting murdered or are starving to death all around the world.

If it was just blame video games I would agree but it is a bit more:

Belgian federal home affairs minister Jan Jambon said  that the PS4 is used by ISIS agents to communicate, and was selected due to the fact that it’s notoriously hard to monitor. “The thing that keeps me awake at night is the guy behind his computer, looking for messages from [the Islamic State]and other hate preachers,” Jambon said last Friday, according to Brussels weekly, the Bulletin. “PlayStation 4 is even more difficult to keep track of than WhatsApp.”

PlayStation’s IP-based voice systems are difficult to monitor compared to traditional forms of communication such as mobile phones and computers. And terrorists could send messages to each other within PlayStation games without speaking or typing a word. 

Still just speculation with absolutely no proof, why not do this on PS3 where you don't need a subscription and the system is cheaper if it was for communication purposes?! 

Around the Network

and the media also contributes to terrorism because terrorists want attention and they're giving it to them. ergo, forbes and everybody not completely ignoring what has happened, and that obviously now includes me as well because i herby comment on it, supports terrorism. life is strange indeed.

Eikichi134 said:
GamechaserBE said:

Belgian federal home affairs minister Jan Jambon said  that the PS4 is used by ISIS agents to communicate, and was selected due to the fact that it’s notoriously hard to monitor. “The thing that keeps me awake at night is the guy behind his computer, looking for messages from [the Islamic State]and other hate preachers,” Jambon said last Friday, according to Brussels weekly, the Bulletin. “PlayStation 4 is even more difficult to keep track of than WhatsApp.”

PlayStation’s IP-based voice systems are difficult to monitor compared to traditional forms of communication such as mobile phones and computers. And terrorists could send messages to each other within PlayStation games without speaking or typing a word. 

Without speaking or typing a word? Does he think us PS gamers have some kind of telepathic link with each other?

The territories must be communicating through journey.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Dr.Vita said:
Terrorists need water to live.
People shouldn't drink water anymore...

Basically this... cant believe forbes published a article like that.

Bryank75 said:
GamechaserBE said:

Still just speculation with absolutely no proof, why not do this on PS3 where you don't need a subscription and the system is cheaper if it was for communication purposes?! 

Its because the terrorist wants to play in 1080p too.

Around the Network

Of the many many school shootings in the US at least a few of the young men who did it played on xbox. Why hasn't the American media linked it to terror?

Regardless, maybe they used it to communicate, maybe they didn't. They night have just like to play games. I'd hardly imagine they'd risk using any from of communication like this though.

well if gta is guilty of mass murdering in rl, why not ps4 guilty of terrorism?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

OneKartVita said:
Of the many many school shootings in the US at least a few of the young men who did it played on xbox. Why hasn't the American media linked it to terror?

Regardless, maybe they used it to communicate, maybe they didn't. They night have just like to play games. I'd hardly imagine they'd risk using any from of communication like this though.

Video games are always brought up when a crazy guy shoots up a school. 

JRPGfan said:
Dr.Vita said:
Terrorists need water to live.
People shouldn't drink water anymore...

Basically this... cant believe forbes published a article like that.

Agreed!

jlmurph2 said:
OneKartVita said:

Video games are always brought up when a crazy guy shoots up a school. 

The same with Muslim , when there is a teroris attack and or Nuke with North Korean, or 720p with Xbox One