By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread: The Greatest Games Event 2015 (Your #1 Favorite Game)

mZuzek said:
S.Peelman said:
One hint doesn't seem to cut it, time for hint number 2. It's not a hugely popular or mainstream game, but it should be known well enough here for someone to get it:

It is quite obvious that this game takes much inspiration from a certain famous (unrelated) movie franchise's early years, while also applying every cliche in the book about the depicted era and the type of story.

Hint 2: There's one big difference with the movie franchise though: Instead of a male lead, a male who pretty much every other male wants to be, there's actually a female lead (the player) in this game.

Tomb Raider?

Also incorrect I'm afraid.

Jeesh there's a lot of games that could fit one way or another with my hints. Though I'd say Tomb Raider doesn't tightly fit the first hint, it could have been it considering the second. Indiana Jones is great, but I'm looking for a game that's inspired by someone, older.

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:
One hint doesn't seem to cut it, time for hint number 2. It's not a hugely popular or mainstream game, but it should be known well enough here for someone to get it:

It is quite obvious that this game takes much inspiration from a certain famous (unrelated) movie franchise's early years, while also applying every cliche in the book about the depicted era and the type of story.

Hint 2: There's one big difference with the movie franchise though: Instead of a male lead, a male who pretty much every other male wants to be, there's actually a female lead (the player) in this game.

Perfect Dark?

Alright, here are the batch of hints for today.

Hint 40. It's a game of 4 where you can't iron man it alone. You will die, and they will laugh at you o: Also, it's a zombie game.... >_> And a guy there is crazy for pills

Hint 38. It's a game that was part of Nintendo's 5 or something, and remained that way for a long time, until recently. And it has a silly new mode added in. It has a 0 in it...

Hint 37. Excellent 2 player game where you use a squirt gun to kill the enemies, but you can also get soda cans, popsicles, dishes, silverware, pandora's boxes, and even bazookas as weapons. Also, you can fight a giant baby and save cheerleaders... B^)

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:

Hint 40. It's a game of 4 where you can't iron man it alone. You will die, and they will laugh at you o: Also, it's a zombie game.... >_> And a guy there is crazy for pills

Hint 38. It's a game that was part of Nintendo's 5 or something, and remained that way for a long time, until recently. And it has a silly new mode added in. It has a 0 in it...

Hint 37. Excellent 2 player game where you use a squirt gun to kill the enemies, but you can also get soda cans, popsicles, dishes, silverware, pandora's boxes, and even bazookas as weapons. Also, you can fight a giant baby and save cheerleaders... B^)

#38: Resident Evil 0

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
Cloudman said:

#38: Resident Evil 0

Pin pon : D You got it.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
Player2 said:
S.Peelman said:

Perfect Dark?

Also a nope.

The genre is correct here though and maybe you've even thought about the correct movie! Would seem so, considering PD's developer. However, when I said "every cliche in the book about the depicted era" I really meant like over the top so-bad-it's-funny type of cliche.

Almost time for a real third hint, but not quite yet...

Hint #38: This updated version of a game added some snow to the ground in ceratain areas and now the main character wears a winter clothing.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

Alright so it's not Uncharted, not Mafia and not Tomb Raider, I'll give you the rare third hint;

Hint 3: Like any good spy story though, there's the 'evil lair', the villain with the eye-patch, the space station, the bombs disguised as lipstick and even the evil organisation with a contrived acronym (an acronym that's also a suitable word in itself) for a name.

Cloudman said:

#37 - Zombies Ate my Neighbors.

CWegzz said:

Hint #38: This updated version of a game added some snow to the ground in ceratain areas and now the main character wears a winter clothing.

Persona 4 Golden.