By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread: The Greatest Games Event 2015 (Your #1 Favorite Game)

The revelation of the WiiU, which has mostly been disappointing in terms of 'real' classics until now. Kind of a small game for an 8th Generation game, but it was an idea that should have been done generations sooner. Obviously, it would be impossible for it to have existed sooner in this way due to the WiiU's Gamepad, which is finally utilized in a vital way. But still.

Like the name says, the game has the player create their own Super Mario levels. Using standard building blocks, enemies and platforms that can combine in a near infinite amount of ways, players can create almost anything they can imagine and there have already some very good levels here and there. Besides building you can obviously play other people's levels and developer-created levels which include some interesting new ideas.

The building's what the game is all about to me though. Being one of the best editors I've ever used combined with a game-series that I'm usually quite fond of, I like taking my time to create something I'm satisfied with. The game is still missing a couple of features though, and as such would actually be one the few games I would buy additional content for.

Around the Network

I never had such a new game on my list in previous years. We'll see if it'll hold up, or be gone again next year! Now though, to move on, something completely different;

This game based on a television show featured a team consisting of characters that were sometimes seen as extras, in the show.

Hint for #44:

Released in 2001, the home console spin-off of a very popular handheld franchise let´s you battle as soon as you start the game without the need of doing what the main games of the franchise are popular for.

RolStoppable said:
Mike321 said:
Hint for #44:

Released in 2001, the home console spin-off of a very popular handheld franchise let´s you battle as soon as you start the game without the need of doing what the main games of the franchise are popular for.

Luigi's Mansion.

What? Mario is a very popular franchise on handhelds and you can't jump in Luigi's Mansion.

Not even close

mZuzek said:
Mike321 said:
Hint for #44:

Pokémon, uhh... I dunno, Pokémon Stadium 2?

Yes

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
S.Peelman said:
I never had such a new game on my list in previous years. We'll see if it'll hold up, or be gone again next year! Now though, to move on, something completely different;

This game based on a television show featured a team consisting of characters that were sometimes seen as extras, in the show.

Nils Holgersson and the Wild Geese.

Got to have to fault this answer. Although it does have multiple letters in there that are also in the name of my game, so it was close!

RolStoppable said:
S.Peelman said:

Got to have to fault this answer. Although it does have multiple letters in there that are also in the name of my game, so it was close!

Don't tell me it is an Itchy and Scratchy game.

No way, I'm a mature guy you know. Most of the time.

RolStoppable said:
S.Peelman said:

Batman & Robin.

A tiny bit into the right direction, if only because it features men in tight suits.

S.Peelman said:
RolStoppable said:

Don't tell me it is an Itchy and Scratchy game.

That Pinky and the Brain videogame. Once again americans missed a timeless classic.

No, no no you guys, you must think way bigger!

This tv-show isn't just some regular kiddie-show, no sir. It's a star among tv-shows! And when I say the characters of the team in the game are just "extras" on the show, I really mean like no-line-background-filler extras. The series actually has a famous main cast (though not as famous as the main cast of two of the other shows in it's universe), which are funnily enough the 'extras' in my game.