By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread: The Greatest Games Event 2015 (Your #1 Favorite Game)

Let's try my 46.

A compilation game that has some crazy bosses in the end.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

Okay guys, almost there, I swear if this last hint doesn't give it away I'll just flat out say it

-Second game in a saga

-Involves some time travel

-Refusal to accept loss leading to acceptance that a mistake was made

-It has a serial killer with a smile

-Rumors

-Facing eternal punishment.

Clyde32 said:

Okay guys, almost there, I swear if this last hint doesn't give it away I'll just flat out say it

-Second game in a saga

-Rumors

Seems like Persona 2: Eternal Punishment lol.

Now take a crack at mine.

47: Hint:This game was also a strategy game on PC. It featured medieval warfare between Crusaders and Arabians. The game was keen on resource management, especially early on.

Hint 2: Castle builder

Cloudman said:
Dang, no one got my 47. Oh well, time fomr 46.

This fighter has its pow waves, crack shoots, psycho balls, psycho swords, and most famous, buster wolves, but the unique thing about this annual title was it had a character that was only ever in that title because it may have led into a lawsuit due to being too similar to another famous character...

Well, that was weirdly worded o:

KoF 2001 or 2002, K9999 is playable in both...

Player2 said:
Cloudman said:

This fighter has its pow waves, crack shoots, psycho balls, psycho swords, and most famous, buster wolves, but the unique thing about this annual title was it had a character that was only ever in that title because it may have led into a lawsuit due to being too similar to another famous character...

Oh, he is in both.. Wow, I didn't know that... Well, it's the one that got re-released and K9999 was replaced by another character... : X

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
Cloudman said:
Player2 said:
Cloudman said:

Oh, he is in both.. Wow, I didn't know that... Well, it's the one that got re-released and K9999 was replaced by another character... : X

KoF 2002, the one with good music, then.

Player2 said:
Cloudman said:
Player2 said:
Cloudman said:

KoF 2002, the one with good music, then.

Ding ding ding! : )

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Farsala said:
Clyde32 said:

-Second game in a saga

-Rumors

Seems like Persona 2: Eternal Punishment lol.

Correct!

Is yours Civilization or Total War?

Farsala said:

47: Hint:This game was also a strategy game on PC. It featured medieval warfare between Crusaders and Arabians. The game was keen on resource management, especially early on.

Hint 2: Castle builder

Stronghold Crusader?

Never played it, but I was big on castles and medieval things as a kid so I know it exists, played other such games myself instead back then. I know I would have liked this back then, and now probably if I'd play it now.

'Star Wars Rebel Assault II: The Hidden Empire' is a very important game to me as well. When we got our first home computer in 1995, this was the first game that was bought with it and as such, it is the first computer game, not console, computer game, I ever played. A good one to start off with for sure. I guess this year was the 20th anniversary of that fact!

Not only was it the first computer game I played, it was also the game that introduced me to the Star Wars Universe, which is still one of my favorite things in popular culture. I was immediately drawn in, from the first appearance of Darth Vader in the cool live-action opening cutscene to the final destruction of the hidden TIE Fighter factory. The story, the universe, the levels and character quotes, I can dream this game from start to finish.

The game is a rail-shooter, with a couple of playing styles. There's flying levels and on-foot levels, both in two sub styles; third person and first person. The third person flying levels are all about avoiding objects at fast pace while the first person levels are about shooting down waves of enemy fighters. Like any rail-shooter, the game is short but with a very high replayability factor, which I did, many, many, many times.