By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread: The Greatest Games Event 2015 (Your #1 Favorite Game)

BraLoD said:
Clyde32 said:
Clyde32 said:
#6 - "Your blade....it did not cut deep enough"

Come on guys. 

2010 - JP

2011 - EU

2012 - NA

Xenoblade Chronicles

There you go.

Around the Network

#5 - Time traveling RPG, need I even say more?

Clyde32 said:

Chrono Trigger

Signature goes here!

uran10 said:
Cloudman said:
Hint 4.

Quite possibly the best ___ # games in 1/ collection ever made. This game was a sort of collection of games this cute pink character starred in, some which were remastered older games, and some of them being new titles. These 7 plus 2 mini games together made for one awesome package xD

Kirby super star ultra?

Close enough x ) I usually play the older version more.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

TruckOSaurus said:
Clyde32 said:

Chrono Trigger

Yes

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
5. You never thoughts judges could be this badass before.

FFXII

7 Hint: This game let you be the main character of the series and an alien, unlike its predecessor.

Hint 2: FPS with interesting jumping and blast physics. Also interesting sword lunge physics.
Hint 3: Featured 4 player local multiplayer
Hint 4: Comes from a 1st party's most popular franchise

5 Hint: Warriors game that popularized the franchise. (imo)

High up in the list we find the highest placed handheld game 'The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening'. It's a brilliant game, more than worthy of the title "best handheld game ever made", yet sadly often overlooked. The original release on the GameBoy is already sufficient for a place this high in the list, but the 'DX' version on the GameBoy Color a couple years later, makes it complete.

It is a very original game for the 'Legend of Zelda' series, where Link, the same Link from 'A Link to the Past' and the 'Oracle' games, is shipwrecked during a storm at sea and finds himself on an unknown island populated by people and talking animals, as well as strange foes. As the story goes on, and not only for a Nintendo game is this one very story-heavy, hints and events allude to a greater mystery that surrounds the island.

This game still amazes me. It is a GameBoy game, but it is one seemingly impossible to have existed on the system. It runs circles around it's "big" console brother released a year earlier in every way and I am not at all bummed by the fact that I have bought this game four times on three different devices. What's also mostly unknown however is that this game actually pioneered much of the series' mainstays. Mini-bosses, bosses with multiple radically different stages, a guide-character, musical instruments with different songs, fishing and collect-a-thon and trading sequence sidequests all started with this game. A truly amazing one at that.

We're almost done. Bittersweet.

This game features a certain sound effect, which happens when you lost something, that most people find terribly annoying. I however, am not really bothered by it.

BraLoD said:
S.Peelman said:
We're almost done. Bittersweet.

This game features a certain sound effect, which happens when you lost something, that most people find terribly annoying. I however, am not really bothered by it.

I doubt it's it but... Sonic? (I don't see people bothering with the sound, but who knows)

Nope, pretty cold .

It's a sound effect so obvious where when you hear what I'm talking about you'll say "Oh that", and facepalm.