By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US November monthly bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion.

http://www.walmart.com/browse/video-games/video-game-consoles/2636_1040580

Gears on top at walmart

Around the Network
X1Gates said:

Gears on top at walmart

But what about all the other stores? There are people who work for these big stores and have posted on GAF. One said it was close, one said the PS4 edged it and two gave it a straight win for the PS4. We have the PS4 leading this month on Amazon which has been accurate apart from two months when preorders affected the outcome and we've had two sites stating they think the PS4 won Black Friday. It could be wrong, of course, but everything points to a PS4 win, except this ONE link.

If it's close then the PS4 takes November NPD easily. The only way the XB1 had a chance is if the XB1 slaughtered the PS4 this Black Friday, and right now it doesn't look that way.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
Insidb said:

Yeah, I'm confused, but I think it might be a reflection of stock issues.

We saw pics of stock earlier on with the Nathan Drake bundle in far higher quanities than the XB1 console bundles. Then we have this situation on Amazon in which the nathan Drake bundle has been at #1 for four days straight, which shows quite clearly Sony stocked the hell out of the Nathan Drake bundle. There's no reason to assume Sony haven't done this at other retailers too so my take from that picture is more stock for the Nathan Drake bundle rather than more sales for the Gears bundle.

And infoscout's report on the BF transition away from the other retailers to BB and Amazon and the increase in online sales and decrease in brick and mortar sales AKA every indicator pointing towards PS4 selling more or more sales happening at the retailers that sold more PS4s.

X1Gates said:

Gears on top at walmart

The NDC PS4 bundle is sold out at Walmart...am I seeing this right!?

Edit: something is up with their listings; NDC was listed as Out of Stock, I clicked on it, and now it is listed as In Stock. Also, it is listed below 7 X1 or PS4 bundles that are over $300, so there's something very odd about how their listings work.

Insidb said:
X1Gates said:

Gears on top at walmart

Edit: something is up with their listings; NDC was listed as Out of Stock, I clicked on it, and now it is listed as In Stock. Also, it is listed below 7 X1 or PS4 bundles that are over $300, so there's something very odd about how their listings work.

Where does it say sold out? It looks in stock to me.

edit: Ok, saw your edit.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
Insidb said:
X1Gates said:

Gears on top at walmart

Hilarious, the "sponsored product" under the xbox one in first place. 

Insidb said:

If you looked a little closer, you'd have noticed the "sponsored" sign.

Of course WM lists the XBox stuff on top, prominently. The sponsor PAID FOR IT. What is so difficult to understand here?

Bryank75 said:
Insidb said:

Hilarious, the "sponsored product" under the xbox one in first place. 

Yeah, I'm sorry -- but thats not sorted by popularity. 

There's something definitely wrong there. Why on earth would people buy the far more expensive XB1 bundles above the $300 Nathan Drake Bundle? Are Walmart patrons a completely different species from your normal Black Friday consumers? Now I think about it, haven't we had this conversation before? I seem to recall they're best sellers list being questioned before. It seems to me more to do with trying to push certain products than actually being representative of sales.

Now I've just typed that I distinctly remember this conversation. I think it was on GAF last year.

The PS5 Exists. 

drkohler said:
Insidb said:

If you looked a little closer, you'd have noticed the "sponsored" sign.

Of course WM lists the XBox stuff on top, prominently. The sponsor PAID FOR IT. What is so difficult to understand here?

Walmart, Target and Gamestop all suck on the MS teet. All 3 give major preference to Xbox in every way concieveable. 

Best buy is probably the most neutral of the big brick and mortar retailers.