By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Namco Bandai Announces Sky Crawlers for Wii.

Here's the article I've shamelessly pilfered off of IGN. For they're article, go here http://wii.ign.com/articles/860/860346p1.html

March 18, 2008 - With Ace Combat 6 flying loops on the Xbox 360, many Wii owners have been wondering if Namco's legendary flying series would ever get a taste of waggle through the Wiimote. While there's still no word on a Wii version of Ace Combat, the latest issue of Famitsu confirms something that could be just as good: a new flying game for the system from the makers of that series.

Bandai Namco will be bringing Sky Crawlers to the Wii, the magazine reveals. Based off the novel and the upcoming animated movie of the same name, but featuring an original storyline, the videogame version is being developed by the folks behind the Ace Combat franchise.

In addition to the high quality visuals we've come to expect from the Ace Combat series (go take another look at the PS2 versions -- they still look great!), Sky Crawlers will make use of the Wii's unique control setup for direct controls. The Wiimote will be used as your throttle, with the nunchuck used as your control wheel. 

Sky Crawlers will hit Japan this Summer, presumably around the time of the movie's August 2nd release.

Am I getting this right? A Wii exlusive? No PS2 version? So it really can happen... 

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

Curse you stof! I was seconds away from posting this >:(

Heres some scans. Lookin' gooood O_____O

wow this look great i want this

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

I've been waiting for a decent flight game on the Wii. Me wants also.

Nintendo dominance of the Japanese region seems to be paying off. The Japanese devs seem to be flocking to the platform faster than developers from other regions.

Original storyline? WWII-esque dogfighting? Sign me up!

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network
stof said:

Here's the article I've shamelessly pilfered off of IGN. For they're article, go here http://wii.ign.com/articles/860/860346p1.html

March 18, 2008 - With Ace Combat 6 flying loops on the Xbox 360, many Wii owners have been wondering if Namco's legendary flying series would ever get a taste of waggle through the Wiimote. While there's still no word on a Wii version of Ace Combat, the latest issue of Famitsu confirms something that could be just as good: a new flying game for the system from the makers of that series.

Bandai Namco will be bringing Sky Crawlers to the Wii, the magazine reveals. Based off the novel and the upcoming animated movie of the same name, but featuring an original storyline, the videogame version is being developed by the folks behind the Ace Combat franchise.

In addition to the high quality visuals we've come to expect from the Ace Combat series (go take another look at the PS2 versions -- they still look great!), Sky Crawlers will make use of the Wii's unique control setup for direct controls. The Wiimote will be used as your throttle, with the nunchuck used as your control wheel. 

Sky Crawlers will hit Japan this Summer, presumably around the time of the movie's August 2nd release.

Am I getting this right? A Wii exlusive? No PS2 version? So it really can happen... 

Sounds like a cash-in that will be rushed out the door along side the movie.

Probably, but wouldn't a cash-in hit the PS2 as well?

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Namco wouldn't waste the AC team on a cash in project....would they?

You both make good points.  Still, I'm leery of anything released along side another form of related media.

Wasn't the film version of Spiderman (1 or 2) a really awesome game? Maybe that's this.