By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Confirms It's Stopped First-Party Vita Development

SONY CONFIRMS IT'S STOPPED FIRST-PARTY VITA DEVELOPMENT

Sony Computer Entertainment SVP Masayasu Ito told 4Gamers (via DualShockers) that from here on out, all attention has been switched to PS4.

"Currently, first-party studios have no titles in development for PS Vita," he said. "Since third-parties are working very hard on PS Vita, SCE’s own strategy is to focus on PS4, which is a new platform.

“At the beginning the PS Vita did not resonate with age targets under 20, but now the situation is changing and the popularity with younger demographics is increasing. Minecraft: PS Vita Edition has provided a boost.

"In addition to that, a variety of third party  games is also planned for the future, and in order to further accelerate that flow, we decided to release new colors for the PS Vita this fall.” 

- IGN 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

Shocking
Hooray for third parties

I thought this was announced ages ago?

The PS5 Exists. 

Great move and long in the wait. More support for Ps4.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Shocking news? Lol. They better. Who wants to use a handheld in this age anyway? I better play games in big TV instead of small screen.

Around the Network

why the all caps? sony games or non sony games is not very important, what matters is that games are still coming...

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

One of the most ironically named consoles, I gotta say.

Such a shame though, PSP was amazing

daredevil.shark said:
Shocking news? Lol. They better. Who wants to use a handheld in this age anyway? I better play games in big TV instead of small screen.

Yes, because 10 years ago TV didn´t exist so people played on little screens because they had no other options.

I'm just gonna leave this here.

They said something similar year and half ago...