By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Movie based games going exclusive to Wii - What impact will it have?

So far Speed Racer and Sky Crawlers have all been announced as Wii exclusives (or Wii/PS2).  Seems movie-based games are all looking to the Wii as a major or only platform.

This actually surprises me as last year, except for Harry Potter, movie-based games sold better on 360.  Of course larger installed base helped with that, but still, it's surprising so many notable games are ditching 360/PS3 altogether. 

360/PS3 fans probably don't care, they'll get Iron Man, Hulk & Prince Caspian and movie-based games are usually 'meh' at best, but do you think this will have much, if any, effect on system sales??  Is this a wise route for developers to take?

Around the Network

I only see 2 movie moving Wii exclusive

Future is multiplateform Xbox360/PS3/PS2/Wii

Time to Work !

Well, movies are a more casual affair, so they'd go better on the more casual console.

More exclusives always helps, no matter how shitty they are. How much it'll help, no idea. Methinks just a Wii bit.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
More exclusives always helps, no matter how shitty they are. How much it'll help, no idea. Methinks just a Wii bit.

Groan...

Sorry best I can do until Mesoteto reads this thread...