By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do video games affect a person in other tasks.

I think they do to some extent. Some video games get you to think and could make you use your brain more. Now when you think more in video games you may get into the habit of thinking more in school and may even affect grades. Also It helps you concentrate more on something. Examples of these are puzzle games which make you concentrate on the puzzles and think about how it would be solved. It could also help you make quick reactions to something. In shooters if you get shot you have to react quickly to what is shooting you or you will die. The same thing could be done in real life you may have to use reflexes more. Video games also help you make  hard decisions. So I think video games may affect how a person does things in real life. Any thoughts?

Around the Network

Studies have shown that FPS games can help your driving skillz0rz stay 1337 because they train you to be aware of several moving objects at once in a 3-D environment.

^not to mention after playing them i know i can handle any gun thrown my way as well as several rockets

OT--some can with logic and thinking skillss

Playing video games since I was like 10 has given me fairly powerful thumbs :P I use them often to apply that extra amount of pressure in standard massage therapy :P

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Video games, guitar, piano, and typing 100 GWAM have given me "magic fingers." I can use them for mind control over my wife.

Around the Network

When i play video games i get into them which make me put of homework and studying off because when i play GH3 i am like one more song, When thats played one more song etc. and then i comes down to the point where i am just finishing my homework at 1am.

Of course, they also have a negative effect on other things.

Social life and deadlines can get thrown out of the window if I get too addicted to a game (or a website.... *cough*)

Absolutely, just read this:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4685909/

I hope if I ever need a major surgery that my doctor is a vg pro.