By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Shin Megami Tensei IV official website: ‘In 15,000 tweets, a disaster will begin’

Skullwaker said:

Thanks! I'm pretty much going to start it once I finish Xenoblade, so I'll message you when that happens. I know I'll definitely need some sort of guide for it (I'm the absolute worst at RPGs).

Yeah, it was my first SMT game, and even with the insane amounts of prep I did, and the fact that I am very good at turn based strategies, it was still a moderately challenging game for me. Let me know, and I'll be your guide.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
I'd pay $60 to play SMTV on 3DS. It's criminal that I only payed $15 to play IV. Criminal, I tell you.

You paid $15 for SMT IV? I paid $20...

I confess, I wouldn't have been interested in how it turned out if Rune Factory 4 didn't have its price doubled to $40...but DS Overclocked and DS2 Record Breaker made me curious enough to try it out.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

TheWPCTraveler said:

I confess, I wouldn't have been interested in how it turned out if Rune Factory 4 didn't have its price doubled to $40...but DS Overclocked and DS2 Record Breaker made me curious enough to try it out.

Yeah. Atlus and their godly eshop sales.

BasilZero said:
Darwinianevolution said:

I never had the chance of playing a Persona game. I wouldn't enjoy a crossover between two games I've never played and a gameplay that doesn't belong to that series.

You should  - its an amazing series.

I started it back in 2011 with Persona 1 portable on PSP - then I immediately played Persona 2 Innocent sin for PSP and exactly after that I started on Persona 3 Portable on PSP.

I loved all three games but from what I've finished - P3 > P1 > P2IS.

I spent so many hours on the Persona games - more so than other jRPGs.

P1 = 90 hours
P2 = 55 hours
P3 = 75 hours

I'm currently 30 hours into Persona 4 right now - playing the PS2 version since i dont have a Vita :/

Gonna buy P5 day 1 and hope it gets a collector's editon.

I havent played P2 Eternal punishment - I'll get to that in the future alongside Persona 3 FES for PS2 (might get it on PSN).

I still need to watch the anime for both P3 and P4.

I listen to the Persona OSTs almost everyday (along with the FF OSTs when I'm traveling to work, etc).

I tried, but my PSP was taken away from me before I coud play any of those.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

spemanig said:
TheWPCTraveler said:

Yeah. Atlus and their godly eshop sales.

Oh, yeah. I wasn't old enough to buy the game on the eShop when those sales were still out.

It's led to a bad habit, though. It's hunting LEs even when I really can't justify them, but they've had some good results like that Soul Hackers LE at $20.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Darwinianevolution said:

I tried, but my PSP was taken away from me before I coud play any of those.

Damn that sucks :/

Hopefully P1, P2, and P3 will get ported over to other platforms in the future or become digital purchases.

I know. Porting a PSP game to the 3DS can't be that hard or expensive. And everyone is riding the P5 hype train, so it makes sense to give them some minor Personas while they wait.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

TheWPCTraveler said:

Oh, yeah. I wasn't old enough to buy the game on the eShop when those sales were still out.

It's led to a bad habit, though. It's hunting LEs even when I really can't justify them, but they've had some good results like that Soul Hackers LE at $20.

There was one like two weeks ago. Atlus has, by far, the most eshop sales of any publisher. I think I've seen 7 or 8 of them since I first got my 3DS.

spemanig said:
TheWPCTraveler said:

There was one like two weeks ago. Atlus has, by far, the most eshop sales of any publisher. I think I've seen 7 or 8 of them since I first got my 3DS.

I want them to hold sales on their DLC, though, or at least hold value packs for SMT IV, Persona Q and EO II Untold.

It's crazy, I just waltz in and buy SMT IV for $15 on the eShop, then realize that the DLC is nearly what I paid for the game!

Hmm, I know it's a bit greedy considering EO now has, like four or five games on the 3DS, but I want more news for EO V...

Keep tweeting. Needs the info

BasilZero said:
How many more retweets do they need now ;o?

8k.