By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you take yourself too seriously as a gamer?

"Long live Gaming!"  "Console wars, gamers profit." "Gamers for life!"  "Long live Play."

Since it's E3 season, there's a lot of pro-gaming mantras and just overall gaming culture revolutionaries stating their love for their most enjoyed hobby.  Maybe it's just me or is there a kool aide drinking mentality about gaming being the purest form of epitome of just being great as all hell.  I guess I'm positng this thread because to me anything that is repeated by the mass public in great numbers is sounding a lot like follower mentality.  Are you one to take yourself too seriously about gaming, or could you say that gamers need to take it down a notch and not be so conformist even for this great passion you have for videogames. 

I offer the other side of gaming, someone who enjoys it, but thinks that gamers need to calm down and see it as just another hobby.  If you think I deserve your venom and deserve to be talked down to, please do so.  If you must, defend gaming and destroy my way of thinking.  Flame me if you must, but please make good arguments. 

Around the Network

lol, most likely.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Maybe.. I'm not very good at gaming but I do enjoy it a lot

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

At least you're all honest. I like gaming more like a hobby. How football fans enjoy watching football, reading about their players, reading stats, things like that without actually entering the field. Me, I may buy consoles, and games, and have a steam account, but I'm more about collecting. I buy halo, Cod, pokemon, smash, resident evil, witcher, all these different games, but i don't ever finish or comeback to them. And I don't resell or trade or exchange games either. I'm core, but also very much casual. Long live being just interested in gaming!

Why would I have to flame you in order to love video games? I don't get it. Were you really expecting people to just come in here and flame you?

I don't partake in the console wars, I buy them all.

I'm glad you enjoy your video gaming! That's great! Nothing wrong with being toned down about it either. You're right, sometimes people get a little out of hand. But that comes along with anything that has a fanbase.

Around the Network

I sense much weakness in you. If you can't even bring yourself to finish your video games at least once then I, for one, would never refer to you as a "gamer". True gamers, such as I, would never turn away from a challenge of this sort. Succumbing to natural instincts and other distractions standing between us and the gameplay experience is reserved for lesser creatures, such as yourself and your casual brethren.

OT: No.

cannonballZ said:
Why would I have to flame you in order to love video games? I don't get it. Were you really expecting people to just come in here and flame you?

I don't partake in the console wars, I buy them all.

I'm glad you enjoy your video gaming! That's great! Nothing wrong with being toned down about it either. You're right, sometimes people get a little out of hand. But that comes along with anything that has a fanbase.

I've been burned for lesser a stance.