By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The offical GTA IV thread

Hey whats up guys,

Seen alot of GTA IV threads here lately and it is hard to keep track of all of them, so i created this one. Personally i can't wait for this game, it'z gonna be huge! Have a slight problem, since i don't own any nex-gen console, i am gonna have to buy one to play GTA IV. Thinkin of gettin a PS3, but i dont really care that much if i get one or the other. So on April 29, get ready for one of the biggest games of 2008!!!

Are you getting GTA IV?

Around the Network
Gamer4eva said:

Hey whats up guys,

Seen alot of GTA IV threads here lately and it is hard to keep track of all of them, so i created this one. Personally i can't wait for this game, it'z gonna be huge! Have a slight problem, since i don't own any nex-gen console, i am gonna have to buy one to play GTA IV. Thinkin of gettin a PS3, but i dont really care that much if i get one or the other. So on April 29, get ready for one of the biggest games of 2008!!!

Are you getting GTA IV?

http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

Forum Rules:

"1. Thread titles must be work safe, descriptive and on topic. Keep the language in thread titles clean. We don't restrict language usage in posts (up to a point), but thread titles are a different matter. Whatever luridly foul things you wish to say about Luigi, you can find a work safe euphemism for the title. Also, letter substitution fools nobody, but strings of unpronounceable symbols are acceptable. Now for the descriptive and on topic bit. It's very simple - use the thread title to sum up or describe what you are saying in your post. Do not use the title as a deceptive hook to lure people in. Do not post something useless like "How do I..." and have the question in the post. Use a game's full name rather than just a abbreviation of it. Starcraft instead of SC. Star Control 2 instead of SC2. Soul Caliber 3 instead of SC3. SimCity 4 instead of SC4. Abbreviations mean different things to different people, so Be Specific. Also, be careful about using the word "official" or "perpetual." Do not simply declare your thread official by fiat. Threads are only "official" or "perpetual" if management says so. In a decision between two threads on the same topic, the thread with the most clear thread title will take priority over the thread with a more obscure topic, even if the latter is posted first."

So which member of management authorized this threads officiality? 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Who said it isn't?

Oh, and I'd get the 360 if I were you. Vastly superior game library, cheaper, and the only place to play the "definitive" version of GTAIV.

@ Star Craft

Yh i thought that i first but it is gonna be quiet expensive, i mean i gotta Xbox Live, the wireless adaptor thing (i have Wi-Fi) , 120 Gb hard drive (cause 20 is too small) and it is still pretty unreliable, but then again i would get the 3 year warrenty. I like the Xbox controller but after PS1 AND PS2 i am used to the PS controllers.

But on the plus side i could get the 2 chapter thingies and more games.

But if i get a PS3 i get a Blu Ray player, so my HD Tv won't go to complete waste, free online and a reliable console, and i slightly prefer the PS3 controller. I still don't know but you have a valid point.

I also remeber hearing somewhere that the PS3 version of GTA IV looked more realisitc and had less jaggies around stuff, but the 360 was brighter and had more vibrant colours, think it was on IGN.

Around the Network

You don't need to buy online to get the GTAIV exclusive content and enjoy the thrust of the game. Also, you can buy a cheap, ten dollar wi-fi adapter, as they work just as well as Microsoft's first-party accessory. IGN said nothing about the PS3 version looking "more realistic." Rockstar have said both games will look identical.

All in all you pay much less and you get much more. Not to mention the fact their is no competition between the existing libraries of the Xbox 360 and the PS3. The 360 takes the cake easily. If you like GTA, try out Saint's Row. Not to mention the enormous list of AAA exclusives (see my sig).

Yh but GTA IV has multiplayer, doesn't it? Does Xbox Live Silver, or whatever it is called, let u play online, not entirly sure, ive only started getting intrested it gaming recently.

Oh and yeah, it is true that the Xbox libary is bigger but to me COD4 pwns Halo 3 and that is on PS3, Saints Row seems good but GTA IV is gonna be better and that is on both, i do like Dead Rising and Gears though, pretty cool.

But then again games i like on PS3 that are out now are,

- Uncharted: Drakes Fortune

- Motorstorm

- Warhawk

Gamer4eva said:
Yh but GTA IV has multiplayer, doesn't it? Does Xbox Live Silver, or whatever it is called, let u play online, not entirly sure, ive only started getting intrested it gaming recently.

You have to get XBox Live Gold membership that cost $80 exta to play online every year. Rip off if u ask me. XBox 360 = 100% guaranteed hardware failure within three years. So you get three year warranty.

I recommend get PS3 GTA 4 version. PS3 = better online play and 100% guaranteed reliable hardware.

I think it's $50 to play online for a whole year isn't it? Fortunately you get what you pay for, a proper online service. Sony is yet to come close to matching Microsoft's online.

So confused PS3 or 360?