By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tales of Vesperia (PS3) the translation is complete!!!

Tagged games:

In case that no one noticed... Tales of Vesperia for the PS3 has a full translation now! If your PS3 is jailbroken you can download the patch and apply it to your legal copy! I'm not sure if it works otherwise...

But for those who updated their console past the 3.55 update (one of the very first ones so you probably updated it! SHAME ON YOU!) we get an online translation guide! If you aren't familiar with these then you probably never tried to play those unreleased Tales of games that are super cool (Tales of Destiny for the PS2) or any other japanese videogame that never came to the west and had one of these.

They basically translate all the story events + the sidequests and even the items and equips (NPC's are out of luck though, too much work) and put it all in a website or document so you can read it while you play the game. If you have a little bit of japanese (Katakana) you can figure out stuff for yourself though! The name of the skills or some spells and items specially.

I'v been playing for 60 hours now and I'm at the middle of the game (yeah took me that much because I leave the console on when I cook)! So it's safe to say that you can use it and understand everything that's going on without too much trouble, I swear it.

Here you go: http://www.talesofvesperia.net/

(Also I'm not sure if there was a thread about this before so if it's duplicate... please lock it)

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

Yay for me and my jailbroken ps3 :D

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Really want to play the Tales games that I have missed, though not sure if I want to jail break a PS3..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Soriku said:

Yeah too bad you need a Cfw PS3 to play it :/ So I hope they remaster it for PS4.

I was going to wait for that... but I waited to play this game 7 years... I couldn't wait anymore after hearing news of this translation .

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Platina said:
Really want to play the Tales games that I have missed, though not sure if I want to jail break a PS3..

You have the option of getting the game in japanese and playing it with the online translation guide. It isn't comfortable but it works.

Around the Network
Anfebious said:
Platina said:

You have the option of getting the game in japanese and palying it with the online translation guide. It isn't comfortable but it works.

Indeed. Thought about this method before (for other games), but doubt this would be any fun having to look up translations for what is happening or figuring out moves :/

Thanks for the update though, as I will keep this in mind ;)

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Platina said:
Anfebious said:

You have the option of getting the game in japanese and palying it with the online translation guide. It isn't comfortable but it works.

Indeed. Thought about this method before (for other games), but doubt this would be any fun having to look up translations for what is happening or figuring out moves :/

Thanks for the update though, as I will keep this in mind ;)

I can see how some people find it uncomfortable, it certainly gets tiring after a while having your laptop on your lap for every cutscene (and Tales of games have lots of cutscenes!).

No problem!

This is pretty old news. Shame that you need a CFW PS3 to play it though.

Or you borrow a X360 and buy the localized version of the game for 15-25 $/€.

Captain_Yuri said:
Yay for me and my jailbroken ps3 :D

you truly are VGchartz greatest pirate

OP: as of right now i am playing Xillia and i already have both Symphonia games waiting for me, and i guess after that Xillia 2 but i will get to Vesperia eventually now that i know that i can at least use a guide to play it and get through the game.

also i just want to point out that the ammount of WORK and DEDICATION the fans put into this project is simply mindblowing... there must really be a huge problem as to why the game couldnt be localized because it makes no sense to not localize a game like this we you have this type of fans.