By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Whats your expectations for GTA4?

Whats your expectations for GTA4? I think they should have seasons like winter so you can ski-doo or have a sea-doo haha i am really hyped for this even know it dont realease for like a month

Around the Network

I'm not sure, the only 3D GTA I have is GTAIII and although it's fun it's nothing I'd get my knickers in a twist over.

If it goes online wouldn't it just be like.. Project Entropia? o_o

I expect more of the same, just highly polished. I heard that many of the things I enjoyed about San Andreas is being dropped. No customization, or flying and such. Because of this, I'm actually looking forward to GTA rip-off -Saints Row 2 more than GTA4.

I'm just expecting a more refined, better looking version of the GTA experience that I've come to know and love.

Jeez. What's up with all of the GTAIV threads today?

Around the Network

I think GTA4 will be great, possibly the game of the year. From what I have read there is far more integration between mission and non mission gameplay. For me, I got pretty tired of GTA San Andreas after the first dozen missions, seemed fairly repeatitive etc. I dont feel this will be the case in GTA4. In addition the driving mechanics are much different involving driving while shooting, cooking grenades and droping them out the window etc. Also the Europia engine allows for more of a real experiance using advanced phyics to calulate motions etc.

I think rockstar is well on the way to refine the gameplay to feel more like a shooter then a world experiance if that makes sense.

There will be more vechicles, weapons, mission types, characters, dialog, stories etc and I am sure this will make a great case for game of the year.

DMeisterJ said:
Jeez. What's up with all of the GTAIV threads today?

We just needed something to fill the void after the flood of Brawl threads.

Meh is really all I can muster up right now. I haven't really spent much time with the games and I'm not completely on this hype train.

GTAIV will be a great game and Game of the year contender. Im looking forward to animations similar to Drake from Uncharted thanks to the Euphoria Engine (obviously the graphics wont be as pretty as Uncharted). I'm a huge GTA fan but to be honest my main reason I'm getting this game is to entertain me till MGS4 and with 100hrs of gameplay + online I think it'll do a good job. As for now though I'm waiting for RB6 Vegas2 to tide me over till GTAIV.

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937