By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 is doomed!

http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=167588

"Popular analyst Michael Pachter said the PS3 is poised for a comeback this year, when commenting on the ever popular console wars.

"By year-end, I think PS3 will outsell the 360 in the US by a little," Pachter told videogaming247 on Monday. "PS3 will likely outsell the 360 in Europe by 20-40 percent and will kill 360 in Japan."

It's unclear if Pachter was referring to a metaphoric "kill," or an actual kill that has Microsoft raising the white flag.

In any case, Japan has never been a contributing factor to Xbox 360 success worldwide, particularly in the U.S., where core gamers are spoiled with Western-based titles.

Regarding Wii, Pachter expects the little system that could to keep on trucking in 2008, outselling both Xbox 360 and PS3 the world over."

Well, its over now. It was a good run, but now that Pachter has spoken, the future of the PS3 is doomed.

lol, jk. I just want to hear if you all think this is plausible or not. I'm not sure about  the whole PS3 outselling the 360 in America, but it will dominate Japan, and its been doing very well in Europe/Others lately.

Around the Network

the ps3 will pass the 360 this year, but not the wii

But-but-but what about gta 4 extra content and gears 2 and lower price? He must have mistaken the ps3 with the 360, right guys?

^are you talking to me dabaus513

11ht11 said:
the ps3 will pass the 360 this year, but not the wii

You mean outsell right?  If you think the PS3 will outsell the 360 in yearly sales that's very reasonable and looks quite likely given the current lead.  However passing it in WW LTD is still too far off.  And the more weeks that the PS3 wins by 50k or less that gap will become harder to overcome this year.

Around the Network

@ 11h11. No i was not talking to you. I was just trying to come to grips with the ps3 outselling the 360 because we know all know the 360 is the ultimate console. Ever.

dabaus513 said:
@ 11h11. No i was not talking to you. I was just trying to come to grips with the ps3 outselling the 360 because we know all know the 360 is the ultimate console. Ever.

You mean the ultimate MS console ever, a small step up form XB.

No auron, EVER.

I think sales will be neck and neck between the two by the end of this year in NA. Unless GT5 hits before then. Then the ps3 will outsell the 360 by 10%+ weekly here.

"DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!"
-Bender