By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - worst anime you ever watched?

Lafiel said:
@ kingofwale )

yea after a quite good beginning I came to dislike Tenjo Tenge aswell, but atleast it's drawn quite well through-out the series, that's why I managed to watch the TV ,although I hate most of the cast (I like Bob)

I felt the same way... he can't even get himself a name on the main credits... what are they racists?

You know... I actually take back mine though.

I actually hate FLCL the most. I don't get why people like it... and a lot of people LOVE it. To me it just looks like a show for 12-13 year olds to get off on all the sexual situations.

Everything about it is just pretty stupid.

... There was a tactics Ogre anime? What's it called. I doubt i'd of missed it if it was just called tactics ogre.

Around the Network
pastro243 said:
rocketpig said:
pastro243 said:

I dont think they suck at storytelling (not only for anime, FF for example...) 

Oh lord... Final Fantasy games are some of the worst examples of storytelling you can find in video games. Especially the most popular ones. Convoluted, confusing, shallow, most of those games run the entire gamut of why the general public doesn't like JPRGs.

Ok so I get u like games like Dora the explorer, simple and easy to get, I mean, a storyline is good when u can get everyone confused and make sense at the same time, having a great ammount of facts and make them go together in a coherent way.

Now, I fu think storytelling is bad when a big ammount of monkeys cant get it, then I guess ur wrong, u know u need a brain to understand some stories, dont blame the game or the story, blame the ones that cant understand it even if its clear. 

rocket jsut got owned here

lmfao

sorry rocket but he has a point

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Most of them. :)

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

rocketpig said:

Come on. That's one of the few anime that didn't try to artifically mindfuck you into some state that makes no sense to anyone other than the director who was furiously masturbating to his own creation.

Battle Angel was good fun. Simple, but fun.

Too many of the anime fans take Japanese culture as canon. Well, let's get something straight:

The Japanese suck at storytelling. Which is why most of their shit stays in their country (rampant pathetic fanboys withstanding) and why the rest of the world basically ignores every piece of literature they have written in the past 3,000 years (a few pieces withstanding, of course).

If you want interesting stories, read a few Chinese books.

Worst Anime

#1 Himikoden      :Needs no introduction, it is so bad its unwatchable even in fast forward.
#2 Bleach            :Makes DBZ look like a monument of intellectualism. Predictable with horrid characteriation.
#3 Tenjou Tenge :More characterization problems. Garbage plot but at least there was fanservice.

Regarding Japanese Lit and Anime.

You must be joking... have you actually seen English cartoons/anime? We make some of the worst stuff on the planet. Remember He-Man, She-Ra, Thundercats, Transformers (granted originally japanese but we had our own version), GI Joe, Power Rangers and so on? They may have been great back when I was 8 but have you tried sitting through them today? They are so bad that I cant watch them. Yea some Japanese stuff sucks but at least they have some good anime. We have none that are worth spit anymore except for maybe Macross stuff but even that was originally Japanese.

Your big problem is that you are ignorant of other cultures which is common for us English speaking folk. Based on what you said, you strike me as someone who watched dubbed anime and movies.

1st of all you need to realize that a lot of things do not translate properly to other languages and you will always lose a lot in translation but especially when something is dubbed in English. Its so bad I cant watch dubbed movies or anime and I hate games that are dubbed.

2nd what makes you think that other non-english speaking cultures read our books? Guess what cousin... they dont becuase they think our books "suck" as well (especially after translation).

I look at it this way. The Japanes have about the same ratio of good and bad anime as we have with movies. 98/100 will suck, but every now and then something good pops up.

Sorry double post

Around the Network

marc said:
rocketpig said:

Come on. That's one of the few anime that didn't try to artifically mindfuck you into some state that makes no sense to anyone other than the director who was furiously masturbating to his own creation.

Too many of the anime fans take Japanese culture as canon. Well, let's get something straight:

The Japanese suck at storytelling. Which is why most of their shit stays in their country (rampant pathetic fanboys withstanding) and why the rest of the world basically ignores every piece of literature they have written in the past 3,000 years (a few pieces withstanding, of course).

Worst Anime

#1 Himikoden :Needs no introduction, it is so bad its unwatchable even in fast forward.
#2 Bleach :Makes DBZ look like a monument of intellectualism. Predictable with horrid characteriation.
#3 Tenjou Tenge :More characterization problems. Garbage plot but at least there was fanservice.

You must be joking... have you actually seen English cartoons/anime? We make some of the worst stuff on the planet. Remember He-Man, She-Ra, Thundercats, Transformers (granted originally japanese but we had our own version), GI Joe, Power Rangers and so on? They may have been great back when I was 8 but have you tried sitting through them today? They are so bad that I cant watch them. Yea some Japanese stuff sucks but at least they have some good anime. We have none that are worth spit anymore except for maybe Macross stuff but even that was originally Japanese.

Your big problem is that you are ignorant of other cultures which is common for us English speaking folk. Based on what you said, you strike me as someone who watched dubbed anime and movies.

1st of all you need to realize that a lot of things do not translate properly to other languages and you will always lose a lot in translation but especially when something is dubbed in English. Its so bad I cant watch dubbed movies or anime and I hate games that are dubbed.

2nd what makes you think that other non-english speaking cultures read our books? Guess what cousin... they dont becuase they think our books "suck" as well (especially after translation).

I look at it this way. The Japanes have about the same ratio of good and bad anime as we have with movies. 98/100 will suck, but every now and then something good pops up.

Wow rocket you sound so harsh =/.  And I agree with Marc.

Bleach seems to have too many characters and filler episodes when it starts to get good.

Not really a duck, but still a bird

FC:1771 9678 2579 1588

marc said:
rocketpig said:

Worst Anime

#1 Himikoden      :Needs no introduction, it is so bad its unwatchable even in fast forward.
#2 Bleach            :Makes DBZ look like a monument of intellectualism. Predictable with horrid characteriation.

Power Rangers is Japanese, we used the same writing and swuitched to american actors.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Pokemon(i love the games,but the anime is repetitive and there are only a few interesting episodes)
Digimon(the first season was passable for me but the other where really bad in my opinion.