By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - worst anime you ever watched?

@ royalcaribcruiser123)

I like Lamune, Rescue Wings, Macross and AMG aswell, but the rest of your favorites are more or less average to me - did you try Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou(His and Her Circumstances), Air, Kimi Ga Nozumu Eien, Nodame Cantible, Honey & Clover, Ouran High School Host Club, Kanon 2006, Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu, Onegai Teacher, Onegai Twins, School Rumble, .. yet ? I think those might fit your taste pretty well, but just have a higher quality (of gags, story, character developement, production values, originality), then most of the shows you listed.

And I don't think Naruto, DBZ and One Piece are "the worst", they are quite enjoyable, but have some serious problems in pacing and character developement, especially if they are compared to other maintstream serieses like Hunter x Hunter and Fullmetal Alchemist, which just are soo much more consequent and better thought-through.

Around the Network

Without counting televison (because so much of it is bad), it would be:

Neon Genesis Evangelion. What a load of bullshit storytelling piled on a load of pretention that 12 year old boys and pathetic geeks seem to love but anyone who actually enjoys quality stories thinks is a steaming, heaping, festering, rotting, pile of shit. Nauseating.

I like some anime but I hate the Japanese inability to tell a proper story without fucking it up to all high heaven with ridiculous antics and completely bullshit storylines. They may enjoy it but to the rest of the world, it's complete bullshit. I would rather read Chinese literature than watch most anime.

PS. I don't speak a fucking word of Chinese but it has to be better than most of the shit Japan pushes on the world. Citizen Kane, Casablanca, Chinatown, Shindler's List, that's what it ain't. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Lafiel said:
@ royalcaribcruiser123)

I like Lamune, Rescue Wings, Macross and AMG aswell, but the rest of your favorites are more or less average to me - did you try Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou(His and Her Circumstances), Air, Kimi Ga Nozumu Eien, Nodame Cantible, Honey & Clover, Ouran High School Host Club, Kanon 2006, Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu, Onegai Teacher, Onegai Twins, School Rumble, .. yet ? I think those might fit your taste pretty well, but just have a higher quality (of gags, story, character developement, production values, originality), then most of the shows you listed.

And I don't think Naruto, DBZ and One Piece are "the worst", they are quite enjoyable, but have some serious problems in pacing and character developement, especially if they are compared to other maintstream serieses like Hunter x Hunter and Fullmetal Alchemist, which just are soo much more consequent and better thought-through.

I have watched and enjoyed kimi ga nozumu ein, kanon 2006, onegai twins, and suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu. I was afraid if i kept listing my favorite anime my post would be to long. 12-13 episodes seem to be the perfect length to me because one I have a short attention span for tv show (completely the oposite with video games were I like Long games and can't stand short games that are 10 hours or less). Macross, YUA, AMG are the only ones that have been able to hold my interest for an extended length of time.

Systems I own (Games)

Sega: Dreamcast (40) , Saturn (25), Genesis (50), Masters System (10), Game Gear (20)

Sony: PS1 (8), PS2 (60) , PS3 (5), PSP (12)

Atari: 2600 (18) , 7800 (10), Lynx (10)

royalcaribcruiser123 said:

Loadedstatement:

For me and its just a matter of taste the worst animes I have seen include Naruto, Dragonball Z, and One Piece.

You are severely out of touch with the anime community.  What about Bleach?

I do watch Bleach and do find most of its episodes go from decent to good. I grew up with shows like You're Under Arrest and Macross.

Favorite Anime- Tactical Roar, Stratos 4, Rescue Wings, Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya-kun, Baccano, Izumo, Happiness!, Gravion, Lamune, Yumeria, Lime Iro Senkitan, Love Love?, Lovely Idol, Crescent Love, Tsuyokiss, Tonagura, Macross, Ah! My Goddess, You're Under Arrest

I'll look past the past that you dont like Naruto and One Piece.  You like Yumeria.  My all time favorite.  GAINAX really no how to make anime.  Have you seen Kono minikuku mo utsukushii sekai?  I love it too (All of course evangelion),

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

i personally love evangelion and have for many years but at the same time, i can understand it driving some people crazy.

i do not, however, see how people can see rahxephon as the worst show they've seen. it's got its issues but still, i think it's really good.

as far as worst, 'battle angel' comes to mind.

Around the Network
For me and its just a matter of taste the worst animes I have seen include Naruto, Dragonball Z, and One Piece.

I hate you.

@ rocketpig )

lol yea NGE is a love it or hate it series and I do love it - has much to do with nostalgia aswell, for it was one of the first superb animes I've watched :)

tastyshovelware said:
as far as worst, 'battle angel' comes to mind.

Come on. That's one of the few anime that didn't try to artifically mindfuck you into some state that makes no sense to anyone other than the director who was furiously masturbating to his own creation.

Battle Angel was good fun. Simple, but fun.

Too many of the anime fans take Japanese culture as canon. Well, let's get something straight:

The Japanese suck at storytelling. Which is why most of their shit stays in their country (rampant pathetic fanboys withstanding) and why the rest of the world basically ignores every piece of literature they have written in the past 3,000 years (a few pieces withstanding, of course).

If you want interesting stories, read a few Chinese books. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Lafiel said:
@ royalcaribcruiser123)

I have watched and enjoyed kimi ga nozumu ein, kanon 2006, onegai twins, and suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu. I was afraid if i kept listing my favorite anime my post would be to long. 12-13 episodes seem to be the perfect length to me because one I have a short attention span for tv show (completely the oposite with video games were I like Long games and can't stand short games that are 10 hours or less). Macross, YUA, AMG are the only ones that have been able to hold my interest for an extended length of time.

Ive rented This Ugly Yet Beautiful World (Kono minikuku mo utsukushii sekai) several times but things just keep coming up like moving and going back to college dash graduate school and never finished it. One of these days I mean to finish it because it does look interesting

Systems I own (Games)

Sega: Dreamcast (40) , Saturn (25), Genesis (50), Masters System (10), Game Gear (20)

Sony: PS1 (8), PS2 (60) , PS3 (5), PSP (12)

Atari: 2600 (18) , 7800 (10), Lynx (10)

@rocketpig

haha, what an odd tangent. i found battle angel boring, really nothing more to it then that. it has nothing to do with me being or not being a fanboy or my feelings on japanese culture.

i like plenty of more straight forward animes like golden boy and his and her circumstances.