By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MLB 08: The Show is truly the most realistic Baseball game to date.

MLB 08: The Show is truly the most realistic Baseball game to date. I have been a 2K junkie for years and before that an MVP Baseball junkie. Those games were good but missed some realistic traits. MLB 08: The Show has blown me away in many ways. First off the presentation is awesome. If you weren't playing you'd think you were watching a game on TV. The player models while not the greatest still pay off because all the star players mannerisms are there. Fielding and pitching are slick. It's also about time somebody brought back the separate buttons for contact swing and power swing. The last time they had done that in a baseball game was Triple Play Baseball and that was at least seven years ago. The gameplay is smooth and crisp it has the feel of a baseball game the minute you step in to the batters box. I was originally going to buy MLB 2K8 but the reviews for MLB 08: The Show swayed me to purchase it and I have not regretted the purchase one second. The only thing that is a little annoying is the pitching meter takes a little time to learn. However, once you get used to it it is great.

This is the most realistic Baseball game to date. Hats off to Sony they did a hell of a job. 2K should really take a look at the way this game plays and learn where to tweak thiers. I rate this game 9/10 would have been 10/10 if the player models were better.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

Around the Network

I've heard the player fatigue is a little extreme.  How is it in your opinion?

i hate baseball but i played the demo and i liked it.

cricket FTW

PS-She said:
I've heard the player fatigue is a little extreme. How is it in your opinion?

This is the case in a lot of sports games. I usually turn fatigue off during a season or career mode unless I am simming most of the games. It's extreme but you learn to work around it.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

XGamer0611 said:
PS-She said:
I've heard the player fatigue is a little extreme. How is it in your opinion?

This is the case in a lot of sports games. I usually turn fatigue off during a season or career mode unless I am simming most of the games. It's extreme but you learn to work around it.

Ah okay.  I have a really really long wish list right now so this probably won't make it there, but if I see it in the bargain bin one day I'll give it a shot. 

Around the Network

Yeah, The Show seems to have won the baseball crown this year.

wander if it will make any difference in PS3 harware sales.

Noobie said:
wander if it will make any difference in PS3 harware sales.

Every decent game released influences hardware sales , the question is how significant will it's impact be my guess is that it won't be too noticable.

CaptainPrefrences said:
i hate baseball but i played the demo and i liked it.

cricket FTW

My opinion of you just sky-rocketed.

Now I just wish someone would make a decent cricket game for next-generation consoles. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

i love the game too. I'm fricken addicted to the career mode. I can't stop playing it. In fact, ive only played that mode and an exibition game so far.

graphics are great, i played 2k8 and i am not impressed at all with the graphics or pretty much anything about it.