By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US March monthly bestsellers and general amazon based discussion

CosmicSex said:
vivster said:
Are my eyes deceiving me or is X1 really barely holding on to top 50?

Oh trust me, Microsoft learned their lesson.  They wont let an extreme drought of content to plague their console again.

Is that sarcasm? Because it seems a drought is pretty much what is going on right now.

It's really late here, I should probably go to bed.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Amazon introduces Bloodborne PS4 bundle

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UZGQ3G4/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00UZGQ3G4&linkCode=as2&tag=powupgam-20&linkId=ARQ4JW7J6VUEKLQH

vivster said:
CosmicSex said:
vivster said:
Are my eyes deceiving me or is X1 really barely holding on to top 50?

Oh trust me, Microsoft learned their lesson.  They wont let an extreme drought of content to plague their console again.

Is that sarcasm? Because it seems a drought is pretty much what is going on right now.

It's really late here, I should probably go to bed.

Well I meant from now on. :) Good night! 

CosmicSex said:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UZGQ3G4/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00UZGQ3G4&linkCode=as2&tag=powupgam-20&linkId=ARQ4JW7J6VUEKLQH

The fact that they haven't really reduced the price of Bloodborne much for that bundle shows just how well it's selling and how confident Amazon are that Bloodborne will sell consoles.

On another note: I don't think the fact that MS has 2 SKUs in the top 100 makes any difference to the sales. It's not as if people are buying BOTH SKUs. All that's happening is people are buying one or the other. I keep seeing people estimating a higher postion if you combined both but I don't think it would work like that.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
CosmicSex said:

The fact that they haven't really reduced the price of Bloodborne much for that bundle shows just how well it's selling and how confident Amazon are that Bloodborne will sell consoles.

On another note: I don't think the fact that MS has 2 SKUs in the top 100 makes any difference to the sales. It's not as if people are buying BOTH SKUs. All that's happening is people are buying one or the other. I keep seeing people estimating a higher postion if you combined both but I don't think it would work like that.

Im trying to thing of a best practice for adding multiple SKUs on Amazon.

Around the Network
CosmicSex said:

I think the most realistic way of looking at it would be to take a postion midway between the two. For instance, if SKU1 was at #50 and SKU2 was at #60 then it's likely if there was only one SKU that it would be sitting at #55 because the higher SKU would be taking from the lower SKU and visa versa. That makes more sense to me than adding them and assuming ONE would be higher in the charts.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
CosmicSex said:

I think the most realistic way of looking at it would be to take a postion midway between the two. For instance, if SKU1 was at #50 and SKU2 was at #60 then it's likely if there was only one SKU that it would be sitting at #55 because the higher SKU would be taking from the lower SKU and visa versa. That makes more sense to me than adding them and assuming ONE would be higher in the charts.

Right but thats impossible because the sum of the sale of two consoles can't be lower than the best selling.  So its combined total must be 50 or lower.

CosmicSex said:

Right but thats impossible because the sum of the sale of two consoles can't be lower than the best selling.  So its combined total must be 50 or lower.

That's assuming that both SKUs amount to MORE than there would be if there was only one. That's why I feel it's the safest bet for now. I also think it's worth considering what I said earlier on but was overlooked:

I'm wondering (if we did it long enough) could we possibly see a correlation between the position of the console in the top 100 and an average expected number of sales? I'll just pull something out of my ass to show what I mean because I'm useless at maths:

100: or less: 100k or less
50: 200k - 300k
10: 300k - 400k
05: 400k or more

It might be worth thinking about in my opinion. We'd obviously have to rethink those averages for the Christmas period. We'd also have to take every month's data and work out an average position for that one month. I'm not sure if just taking the months data would work because I think for this to work we'd have to have a daily update on the average simply because of stock being either lower or higher some days. The monthly would only really give us who won the month and the postion at the end of the month wouldn't necessarily reflect how many units could possibly have sold each day, if you get what I mean.

If the postions of JUST today are to be an indication of whether this is worth it then March NPD would be:

WiiU: less than 100k
XB1: around 250k (akthough 2 SKUs would probably put it nearer 300k)
PS4: around 400k

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
CosmicSex said:

um... if one is selling 50 if you combined them the total would be lower than 50. We have no idea by how much. Right now we are assuming #11>#55+#65 which may or not be true. It could be number 11 sold 500 in last 24 hours and number 50 sold 300 which in that case the XB1 would be selling a little better overall. I personly believe the items scale higher the lower the rank I so tend to think #11 is like 1000 and 50 is like 300 (not actual numbers just using them to create ratios)

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

tokilamockingbrd said:

um... if one is selling 50 if you combined them the total would be lower than 50. We have no idea by how much. Right now we are assuming #11>#55+#65 which may or not be true. It could be number 11 sold 500 in last 24 hours and number 50 sold 300 which in that case the XB1 would be selling a little better overall. I personly believe the items scale higher the lower the rank I so tend to think #11 is like 1000 and 50 is like 300 (not actual numbers just using them to create ratios)

That's why I think it's the most rational way of looking at it (for now). We have no idea how many consoles are sold to get those postions or what the difference is between the numbers of both SKUs, so the best we can do is come to a 'postion' in the charts.

The PS5 Exists.