By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Infogrames offers to buy Atari Inc.

Atari Inc. has announced that it received a letter from Infogrames Entertainment S.A., the company's majority shareholder, expressing its intent to acquire the remaining outstanding stock of the company.

Infogrames' offer, which is non-binding, amounts to USD 1.68 per share for the Atari Inc. stock it does not own.

Atari Inc. said that a special committee of the company's board of directors intends to undertake, together with its advisors, a thorough evaluation of the proposal.

There is no assurance that any transaction will occur or to the terms of any transaction.

Link: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=33881

Discuss

Around the Network

is this the first step given by Phil Harrison on his new job ??

-- Live only for tomorrow, and you will have a lot of empty yesterdays today--

Tavin:  "Old school megaman is THE BEST megaman"      courtesy of fkusumot :)

My mind has changed. My strength has not.    Kamahl, Fist of Krosa

No Atari must be free!!!! lol j/k. I wish Atari and Sega could muster a comeback, it would be fun times. Sega in particular.

Hah That'd be quite the quick cash in for Phil wouldn't it?

xdangerx said:

Atari Inc. has announced that it received a letter from Infogrames Entertainment S.A., the company's majority shareholder, expressing its intent to acquire the remaining outstanding stock of the company.

Infogrames' offer, which is non-binding, amounts to USD 1.68 per share for the Atari Inc. stock it does not own.

Atari Inc. said that a special committee of the company's board of directors intends to undertake, together with its advisors, a thorough evaluation of the proposal.

There is no assurance that any transaction will occur or to the terms of any transaction.

Link: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=33881

lol

oh, that just highlights the sadness of Atari. 

Around the Network

sony to buy info games next? I would hope not.

Is Atari really worth anything anymore? I mean, they rarely put out games at all and it isn't as if most gamers today even remember their consoles.

damkira said:
Is Atari really worth anything anymore? I mean, they rarely put out games at all and it isn't as if most gamers today even remember their consoles.

Atari as a software company is worth little.  But Atari as a brand is still valuable.  Phil wants to target the mass market and as far as the 'ignorant' masses are concerned, Atari is still one of the best known brands.

I expect Godzilla & DBZ games will become a thing of the past for Atari.  Expect Phil to take it in an entirely different direction.