By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - POTENTIAL MEGATON: Xenoblade Chronicles X to run at 60fps?!?!

KylieDog said:
Materia-Blade said:

I'm showing real gameplay shots. And I've personaly seen all those games running.

Your RE5 shot is the PC version running on what seems to be less than optimum settings.

I cannot imaging what sort of comparison you are trying to make.

I didn't know wich platform it was from (didn't even know RE5 had a pc version). but if it was from pc, than the ps360 version can't be above it.

Around the Network
TiagoCosta said:
The only thing XCX is missing are good character models, mainly faces.

Everything else looks amazing, but those faces.

Agreed, I hope they can fix that before the game is released.

Giggs_11 said:
outlawauron said:
bigtakilla said:

I can argue it, no they don't..... Like at all.

And it goes downhill VERY quickly from there when you look at their clothing. 

That was kind of easy actually. 

BTW: Isn't this a cutscene compared to something that is in game graphics?... Thought so. 

Every single Xenoblade X image linked is from a cutscene. Literally every single one.

He's talking about in-game graphics cutscene vs in-engine graphics cutscene. I believe what this means is in in-game cutscenes the models
 used are the same as during gameplay and in in-engine cutscenes different, more detailed models are used but those aren't the ones you play with. If that is the case (and I think this was already proved to be right but dunno for sure) what his saying is that XCX cutscenes are representative of the gameplay graphics whilst the others are not. So in order to compare graphics you can't use XCX cutscene Vs Others cutscene, but instead XCX cutscene/gameplay shot Vs Otehrs gameplay shot.

This explanation says it all.

outlawauron said:
bigtakilla said:
KylieDog said:

The faces look better, is no arguing it.  If you want to switch this to a technical argument then XCX looks bad compared to everything on PS4 and Xbone, because those consoles games "have many, many more polygons and higher resolution textures."  But that wasn't my point, only the eventual outcome of yours.

Art style goes a long way towards making a game look good and XCX characters have a terrible one, in my example worse than even a PS2 game.  A game in the same genre and which XC was often compared to, so a very fair comparison.

BTW: Isn't this a cutscene compared to something that is in game graphics?... Thought so. 

Every single Xenoblade X image linked is from a cutscene. Literally every single one.

Yeah, but their cutscenes use in game character models while FF XII does not.

Giggs_11 said:
outlawauron said:
bigtakilla said:
KylieDog said:

The faces look better, is no arguing it.  If you want to switch this to a technical argument then XCX looks bad compared to everything on PS4 and Xbone, because those consoles games "have many, many more polygons and higher resolution textures."  But that wasn't my point, only the eventual outcome of yours.

Art style goes a long way towards making a game look good and XCX characters have a terrible one, in my example worse than even a PS2 game.  A game in the same genre and which XC was often compared to, so a very fair comparison.

He's talking about in-game graphics cutscene vs in-engine graphics cutscene. I believe what this means is in in-game cutscenes the models used are the same as during gameplay and in in-engine cutscenes different, more detailed models are used but those aren't the ones you play with. If that is the case (and I think this was already proved to be right but dunno for sure) what his saying is that XCX cutscenes are representative of the gameplay graphics whilst the others are not. So in order to compare graphics you can't use XCX cutscene Vs Others cutscene, but instead XCX cutscene/gameplay shot Vs Otehrs gameplay shot.

This exactly. We are trying to compare apples and oranges. You can't say what appears in a PS2 games cutscene is what the character model looks like while playing, because it isn't. Xenoblade X's cutscenes use the exact same model as the character you play with.

For example it would be like saying Lunar The Solver Star Story has better character models than Skyward Sword and using this as an example.

Then saying "Oh, but there both cutscenes". They are, but one uses in game models. (This is obviously an exaggeration to get the point across.) And even then, the character models for XII do not look better.

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
outlawauron said:

You're wrong. FF XII does the exact same.

Unless you mean the CGI cut-scenes, in which case there are barely any in FF XII.

Hynad said:
bigtakilla said:
outlawauron said:

You're wrong. FF XII does the exact same.

Unless you mean the CGI cut-scenes, in which case there are barely any in FF XII.

Okay, let's use this then. And show me one of FF XII straight from a PS2. And yet again, even still the XII models even from the cutscene do not look better.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Materia-Blade said:

Can't see it. Resident evil 5 was the closest one.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/reddeadredemption/images/2/25/Rdr_jenny01.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100804212359

http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/gamelife/2010/03/ffxiii_battle02.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-xANH_uPpuhM/UO-BrkSb5TI/AAAAAAAAEb0/4B1Xs3RPoBQ/s1600/resident-evil-5-20090910040819805-2989662.jpg

http://uk-blog.konami-europe.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2013/09/MGS4-3.jpg

http://geekness.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/beyond-two-souls-pics-17-pn.jpg

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/jBH19F4h8hc/maxresdefault.jpg

You picked THE WORST  possible screenshots and they still in those look better than the characters in Xenoblade ...

And some of the shots we cant even see the faces like the ff 13 one and the last of us one.

But nice try.

Hold on a second... There's a B2S screen in there. Is he really implying that this:

Is more technically impressive than this:

B2S has 30k models (with effort put into efficiency), realistic light surface scattering (yay for skin pores), and motion captured facial and body animations, aided by hundreds of model "bones". Not to mention a properly defined hair mesh.

Sitting next to XCX's plastic lighting and what appears to be hand animated models, you'd think B2S was the 8th gen game, not XCX (based purely on the models). That shouldn't be at all surprising either. B2S has a much much stronger focus on models than most games. It puts those in many PS4/X1 titles to shame, let alone those in an open world WiiU title. I think i'm a pretty objective person; i do my best to respect and see the merit in other people's opinions, but i honestly can't understand this one.

I really don't get the arguments people are having from direct screens the models look fine.

When in motion from direct footage they look better and I feel the's a lot of exaggeration flying around here as I'm seeing FFXII images, I hope people aren't trying to compare that to XCX as:

FFXII gets blown up, the models look fine here imo it's just the faces need some touching up but they're mainly down to art style.

Zekkyou said:

Hold on a second... There's a B2S screen in there. Is he really implying that this:

Is more technically impressive than this:

B2S has 30k models (with effort put into efficiency), realistic light surface scattering (yay for skin pores), and motion captured facial and body animations, aided by hundreds of model "bones". Not to mention a properly defined hair mesh.

Sitting next to XCX's plastic lighting and what appears to be hand animated models, you'd think B2S was the 8th gen game, not XCX (based purely on the models). That shouldn't be at all surprising either. B2S has a much much stronger focus on models than most games. It puts those in many PS4/X1 titles to shame, let alone those in an open world WiiU title. I think i'm a pretty objective person; i do my best to respect and see the merit in other people's opinions, but i honestly can't understand this one.

you do know that beyond two souls/heavy rain is basically a huge cutscene, right? ps3 can't handle those graphics or resolution outside cutscenes.

still, try showing more than a head, since it's only 10% of the 3d model or even less.