By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - I'm looking for a PC "Help!"

I'm looking for a PC for multimedia, art programs and editing ....and gaming.....yep. I'm looking into getting into PC gaming, not hardcore like building my rig or stuff like that, but I am looking for one where I can upgrade my graphic card and ram which a loud it to be future proof. I wanted to go with a laptop or desktop suggestions?

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Around the Network

Well if you want to be able to upgrade it in the future, then that really narrows it down to a desktop PC. Laptops are too much of a hassle to upgrade, or so I've heard.

What is your budget?

riderz13371 said:
Well if you want to be able to upgrade it in the future, then that really narrows it down to a desktop PC. Laptops are too much of a hassle to upgrade, or so I've heard.

What is your budget?

1,000 to 1,300

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

Suke said:

I'm looking for a PC for multimedia, art programs and editing ....and gaming.....yep. I'm looking into getting into PC gaming, not hardcore like building my rig or stuff like that, but I am looking for one where I can upgrade my graphic card and ram which a loud it to be future proof. I wanted to go with a laptop or desktop suggestions?

Eh with you a laptop may be a good idea if you don't already have one.  Otherwise you would be happy with a $500 - $800 build.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Well, you could get a computer with ddr3 and it will certainly be upgradable or you can wait for ddr4 and that will technically be more upgradable in the future but you have to spend more for less when it comes to ddr4 atm. And any mobo with pcie 3.0 should be upgradable with virtually all gpu of the future

And desktop has a better bang for the buck

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Well, you could get a computer with ddr3 and it will certainly be upgradable or you can wait for ddr4 and that will technically be more upgradable in the future but you have to spend more for less when it comes to ddr4 atm. And any mobo with pcie 3.0 should be upgradable with virtually all gpu of the future

Maybe I should just wait til Windows 10 and Intel release their next version of generation.

— 

Suke said:

Maybe I should just wait til Windows 10 and Intel release their next version of generation.

Yea you should! Windows 10 is pretty fap worthy so far in the beta

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Suke said:

I'm pretty sure windows 8 will get a free upgrade to it.