By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - BIONIC COMMANDO REMAKE!!

I heard a rumor about this a while back then it was quashed and heard nothing ever since. Last I heard Capcom was going to make a PS2 remake.never heard anything else.

The original was the best! you couldnt jump, but had a bionic arm that you could swing across up/down side angle anyway and shoot enemies. It had a good story/hitler type guy.

Long story short, how many would like to see a 2d remake on a next gen system or a 3d/1st person type shooter/kinda like how metroid prime uses the grapple hook??

Or maybe play kinda like the Ghostbusters videogame video I seen on youtube.

Does anyone remember this game? and does anyone think Capcom should/or is remake this quality game???

Around the Network

I have never heard of this game.

It was popular back in the day...... The original Japanese version of Bionic Commando placed the character in a battle against futuristic Nazis. The final boss was Adolf Hitler, who had been resurrected by evil scientists. All references to Nazism were removed from the American release: the swastikas were replaced by albatross figures, the enemies were renamed from "Nazis" to "Badds" and the overall difficulty of the game was reduced. The final boss's name was changed to "Master-D", but he still clearly resembles Adolf Hitler. There is a notably gory ending sequence in which his head explodes, which was kept intact in the American version; an unusual move, considering Nintendo's heavy censorship issues at the time. One possible reason that this may have slipped by the censors is that the image is only revealed by making a tricky shot while falling through the air; failure to make the shot results in death. All these changes remained for the European version, but the game manual still mentions Nazis. The story featured in the English version of the game begins with a search for Super Joe, who was the main character of Commando. In truth, Commando and this version of Bionic Commando are actually unrelated games. Unlike the arcade version, the NES version is an action/adventure game, in which the player has to explore each stage and obtain the necessary equipment to progress through the game.

I have been screaming for a Bionic Commando game for years. It's one of my favorites from the NES days. I think it would work best on the DS or PSP. It needs to be a side-scroller and doing 2D would keep Capcom's costs down. Personally, I hope it would be on the DS because I don't own a PSP. But I would buy one if Bionic Commando released on it.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
I have been screaming for a Bionic Commando game for years. It's one of my favorites from the NES days. I think it would work best on the DS or PSP. It needs to be a side-scroller and doing 2D would keep Capcom's costs down. Personally, I hope it would be on the DS because I don't own a PSP. But I would buy one if Bionic Commando released on it.

Any sytem that it came out for,(and if i didnt own0 I would buy it!, that game actually helped sell a lot of nes systems and gameboys!!!!

It is almost as if capcom shifted focus to RE games, (they should make time for a BC remake and give it one hell of a facelift!