By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What's wrong with the PS3's Bluetooth?

Hi,

One of the reasons I think it puts the PS3 hardware above that of the 360 is the inclusion of the bluetooth standard -

X360 uses a proprietary RF standard which allows MS to control third party peripherals (that is limiting and squeezing them)

Fine, but now after one and a half years since the PS3 was launched, what do we have?

Sixaxis and dualshock 3 (sony)

One keyboard by Logitech

Different hands-free kits reported to work well with the console

After this all we have is a bunch of crappy USB, RF (ie Guitar hero guitar) or even PS2 peripherals. That's it.

I've been waiting for a good steering wheel for ages and it never comes.  Both Logitech ones are USB.

I'd also would like to see a bluetooth/IR hybrid universal remote and nothing real for sale yet.

Why is it there are not apps to make a simple bluetooth enabled phone control the PS3? 

Worst of all, googling for info on this subject returns very little to no info.  Quite frustrating.

Does anyone know more about this misterious subject?  

Around the Network

Theres nothing wrong with the bluetooth, its Sony's and other company's and their lack of developing items for it thats the problem.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

Lol btw has anyone noticed their controller going weird?

Lol when i'm watching movies or when i leave it on the XMB after a while the menu that shows up when you press triangle pops up by itself.

Never happened to me.

There's nothing wrong with the bluetooth in the PS3. It is just a standard implementation of the standard. Probably 2.0.

There are no apps for phone control of a PS3, or at least none I know of, because no one has programmed them. You can if you so wish, do it yourself. There isn't any substantial demand for it.

*edited to correct spelling* 

Yes

Has there been a 3rd party Wiimote yet?

Around the Network

QUESTION.

When people with 60gb go to play ps2 game. does your control turn off?

On Topic:
Ive got the logitech keyboard :) its PRETTTY!

Are there even any 3rd-party wireless PS3 controllers? All the ones I've seen are corded.

I've had the problem of my SIXAXIS randomly losing connection in the middle of a game.

I'll be playing Warhawk, all of a sudden I'll be running in one direction and the controller won't respond.

We'll miss you George.

PSN:Puzzleface

XBL:XpuzzlefaceX

My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce

WhiteDevil said:
QUESTION.

When people with 60gb go to play ps2 game. does your control turn off?

On Topic:
Ive got the logitech keyboard :) its PRETTTY!

yes mine turns off. it is supposed to.

Never had any problems. Yes the controller turns off during PS2 game boot.

So what do you win if your prefered console sells more than another?