By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Teachers trying to bully Bully off store shelves

Canadian Teachers Federation and others are trying to get stores to stop carrying Bully because they think it promotes bullying.   Hope this doesn't affect sales too much.  Rockstar does seem to love to court contraversy.

Link: http://www.canada.com/topics/technology/games/story.html?id=24aea53a-8890-42a7-8e46-2941e6edd8a0&k=74449

Around the Network

did this happen when the ps2 version was released years ago?

Haha Rockstar has the worst luck.

While we're at it, maybe we should burn some books. Just the ones we don't like.

Maybe Farenheit 451. I hear it promotes censorship!

And it sucks. 

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

just more free promotion for R star

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network
weezy said:
just more free promotion for R star

Pretty much.

Gamerace said:

Canadian Teachers Federation and others are trying to get stores to stop carrying Bully because they think it promotes bullying. Hope this doesn't affect sales too much. Rockstar does seem to love to court contraversy.

Link: http://www.canada.com/topics/technology/games/story.html?id=24aea53a-8890-42a7-8e46-2941e6edd8a0&k=74449

Rockstar may love to court controversy, but the Canadian Teachers Federation has no right to tell people which games they should be allowed or not allowed to purchase.  If they don't like the game, then they shouldn't buy it.

I saw this on two different TV stations today they were saying the game was bad and talking to people who know nothing about games.  They also said it was worse on the wii due to motion controls.

LOL. me and my friends were talking about this game and my english teacher said that she wont buy this game for her son because she was bullied as a child.

and yes this teacher federation group has no right to tell people what to buy just like its not the governments responsibility to make sure m rated games dont go to underage kids. like have they even played the game?

Blame Canada!