By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - October 2014 NPD Thread!

PS4 did good as usual. Expected X1 to do more.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
Ninsect said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Can you allude to the removed information without giving exactly what it was away?

LTD numbers for current gen consoles and cumulative gap between PS4 and XB1 (it's now ~1.1m) in a graph. Also a list with sales in first 12 months on the market for all major consoles (PS4 was second, 200k behind Wii and 700k above PS2).

Damn, PS4 truly is a beast.

DonFerrari said:

The leaker is already out of compliance of his NDA and don't care about the rights and concerns of the company to which he signed, so why should we care about him?

So true.

Lol the irony of a leaker wanting to keep their leaks private.

The Xbox One numbers make sense. Its really simple, people would want to wait for deals, so the sales probably collapsed in the last week or two.

Also, if Chartz gets NPD data, then why didn't they update the Xbox One numbers? How does Chartz check its own estimates? Neogaf leaks?  If we didn't find out the real numbers, would they have ever been updated? Maybe I incorrectly assumed that ioi gets NPD data.

Around the Network

Not very pleased here. As a long time member of both GAF and VGC it annoys me aquamarine is trying to stop the NPD discussion here. I am not particurally fond of the GAF super NPD thread that is so large it is hard to communicate with other members unless you spend a lot of time following the thread. NPD threads here are designed better with all the data organized nicely by Boutros. The vgchartz thread is smaller and easier to communicate in as well as visit quickly to get the data.

I am not pleased with the mods strict stance on this data. Both GAF mods and VGChartz mods are being strict and annoying right now.

chocoloco said:
Not very pleased here. As a long time member of both GAF and VGC it annoys me aquamarine is trying to stop the NPD discussion here. I am not particurally fond of the GAF super NPD thread that is so large it is hard to communicate with other members unless you spend a lot of time following the thread. NPD threads here are designed better with all the data organized nicely by Boutros. The vgchartz thread is smaller and easier to communicate in as well as visit quickly to get the data.

I am not pleased with the mods strict stance on this data. Both GAF mods and VGChartz mods are being strict and annoying right now.

I mean her mission is accomplished.  She has proven beyond a shadow of doubt that ioi numbers are fake.  If he had access to data, the Xbox One wouldn't be overtracked by 60k.  

At the end of the day who cares. We all have the numbers and it's likely not pissing NPD off as much as it would if we got them last week. If they were leaked then new sites would report the leaked numbers and piss them and Microsoft off. I could be wrong but I don't think that will happen now. Yet we have what we came for and if ioi wants this sites numberz to be a bit more accurate he can adjust them. Either way we know PS4 won by a decent margin and this just makes November even more interesting.

CosmicSex said:
chocoloco said:

I mean her mission is accomplished.  She has proven beyond a shadow of doubt that ioi numbers are fake.  If he had access to data, the Xbox One wouldn't be overtracked by 60k.  

I do not know what you are talking about. She has proven notihng. I was not even aware she thought she could prove anything. This sounds like a conspiracy theory type belief.

chocoloco said:
CosmicSex said:
chocoloco said:

I do not know what you are talking about. She has proven notihng. I was not even aware she thought she could prove anything. This sounds like a conspiracy theory type belief.

Don't flatter yourself.  You go to Gaf for facts and data.  You come here for the commnity.  And there is nothing wrong with that.