By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBox360 wifi help

So long story short i just got a 360 from someone for REAL cheap and in that spirit of being cheap i'm looking for a work around 360 having no wifi. My 360 is upstairs and the router is downstairs. Since i dont want to spend $60 for a used wifi adapter i was thinking about getting a second cheap wireless router that i plug the 360 into and just set it as a bridge to my network. So my question is, has anyone tried this or does anyone know where i can get a cheap wireless router that will allow me to use it as a bridge.

Around the Network

I'd spend the money on the real thing, not so much hassle.

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

well as an engineer i actually enjoy doing stuff like this so in a weird way it would be a fun little project for me..... Summaro technogeek Confirmed!

I use a Logitech Play Link after someone else here said they picked it up for the same reason. Can usually find them for like $30. Plug one box into the router and the other into the 360 and they work fine. No firmware or anything. Works wonders for me.

Is your computer near your Xbox? Because if it is you can use your computer as a bridge without having to mess with routers.

Kingdom Hearts 3 Bet: If Kingdom Hearts 3 becomes a multiplaform title/is not Wii exclusive then I will be banished from this land for 1 week and sing my praises to those who have proved themselves to be more intelligent than I.http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/RDBRaptor/rdbraptor_sig16.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">
My Anime List

Around the Network

@ RDBRaptor
never thought of that... not sure how to do it but will definately try thanks..

@BrainBox
Thanks i'll definately pick that up if i cant make it work through my PC

I was able to hook it up to my laptop pretty easily. I just bridged the connections and had to manually enter the settings on the xbox, thanks for everyone's help.. saved me $60!

try saving you 100 dollars!

i would only buy it used which is $60, i would never buy it new at $100 cause thats just insane. If anyone wants to know how i did it just PM me