By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Frontlines: Fuel of war

Anyone else playing this? 

I have beaten about half of the game at this point and I have to say it is a very pleasant surprise thus far.

Graphics are nothing to write about but gameplay and pacing of the game are really good. Missions are really fun as well as there is a good variety of weapons vehicles and tactics one can use. Anyone that has an xbox360 and is deciding between this and the crappy Turning point: Fall of liberty should steer clear of the second and go for this.

There are some aspects of this game I prefer to COD4 and if the game had a bigger budget it would be on par with COD4 if not better. 

A side note: I wish however that these games allowed you play as the Chinese, Russians, Nazis or whatever the enemy usually is. Its getting a little played out playing as cocky American soldiers.

Around the Network

This what IGN said about the game for it's closing comments:

Frontlines: Fuel of War is clearly deeply dependent on its gameplay to bring home the bacon. Its single-player performs well enough to get players to work their way through for the achievement points it’s the multiplayer that will hook some FPS fanatics. If you can forget about the fact that you’ve been playing this style game for years with the Battlefield franchise then Frontlines will hook you for some time with its gargantuan battles, but for most Fuel of War will likely be too generic to truly sink their teeth into.

7.5 Presentation

The tone of the campaign is conveyed well through the menu system and overall design of the user interface.

6.0 Graphics

Serious texture pop in and draw in on outdoor landscapes really hurt the overall look. Moments of cool destructibility bring it back up.

7.5 Sound

Respectable dialogue goes well with the music. It’s reaching for high production values but falls just short.

8.0 Gameplay

Single-player doesn’t quite live up to the intensity of the huge 50 player battles on Xbox Live.

7.5 Lasting Appeal

The single-player game is decent and short but the solid offering of maps and good online support will have some playing for quite awhile.

Good OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

Source: Here

So IMO it looks like a decent purchase, but with so many X360 games I haven't played. I would choose this as a last game option.

sorry man,

I m playing with ur avatar in Symphony of Night :)))

Time to Work !

Hey the box says it is 32 16 vs 16 multi player but I thought they where able to do 50 player 25 vs 25? Which one is it?

Holy shit at the 50 player online. Does it actually work well?

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Around the Network

I'm just tired of the whole scenario altogether. This game could have gotten a 90+ and still wouldn't have gotten my attention. I'm still waiting for a real war game, with all the atrocities that real war has. These are nothing but simulations of what a battle might look like in a war or conflict.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

elnino334 said:
Hey the box says it is 32 16 vs 16 multi player but I thought they where able to do 50 player 25 vs 25? Which one is it?

This is from Wikipedia

Single player, Multiplayer (Up to 64-Player via PC Internet or Lan or up to 32 Players by using the Xbox 360 as the server or up to 50 using Xbox Live Dedicated servers via Xbox Live)

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

dolemit3 said:
elnino334 said:

This is from Wikipedia

Single player, Multiplayer (Up to 64-Player via PC Internet or Lan or up to 32 Players by using the Xbox 360 as the server or up to 50 using Xbox Live Dedicated servers via Xbox Live)

Hmm, Interesting. I've not seen a 50 player game yet nor was I able to set one up. Atleast the 32 player works well :) There  may be a patch coming to enable 50 player mode a bit later.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying this is a must purchase. I'd rather get DMC4 than this any day. But compared to Turok, Fall of liberty and other crappy stuff we've seen this year, this one shouldn't go unnoticed as a weekend rental or a 30 dollar purchase later this year.

There was/is a patch for the 50 player MP for the X360...It was released recently (or will be very soon).

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

I'm still hoping fall of liberty will be good... the demo depressed me.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive