By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS4 doesn't have multiple languages on 1 disc.......

Hope is not because of the 7.1 sound since would be silly to gimp the game for millions when only a hand full can actually run it at that. I would prefer 5.1 and allow for more space for other stuff. In the end is a non issue since I wouldn't care about the other languages.

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
Mirson said:
This would've been a problem, if it was a JRPG, considering that many JRPGs have bad voice actors. Ryan did say that MGS4 will have the best english voice overs in the series. Kojima did say 50GB blu-ray was too small, and I've found that hard to believe.

So long as they keep David Hayter, I'm happy. :D

Indeed, David Hayter is my favorite voice actor. 

Apart from Gordon Freeman of course, whew I crack myself up. Seriously though, David Hayter's voice as Snake rocks.

From memory this isnt about filling up 50gb. They wanted to keep it on a sinlge-sided disk to make it cheaper, so what they are saying is they have filled the 25gb. As in the past, I suspect they have skipped on compression they could have done (and should have done to save server-space and production costs) for PR purposes.

Remember, Sony reckons that Motorstorm couldn't possibly have been less than 22.....

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Mirson said:
Sub all the way.

Heavenly Sword also had multiple languages. Don't know how big the size was for that one.

About 10 GB.  3.5 hours of music, 1.5 hours of cutscenes in 11 languages.

So from what I recall MGS4 will have around 4 hours of cutscenes, then add codec audio+music, so I can see how they would have space issues.

starcraft said:
From memory this isnt about filling up 50gb. They wanted to keep it on a sinlge-sided disk to make it cheaper, so what they are saying is they have filled the 25gb. As in the past, I suspect they have skipped on compression they could have done (and should have done to save server-space and production costs) for PR purposes.

Remember, Sony reckons that Motorstorm couldn't possibly have been less than 22.....

What the heck? Where are you coming up with a two sided disk rather than the actual 50gig dual-layered disk? 

I do recall Kojima saying, a long time ago I might add, that MGS4 would probably be filling up those 50gigs.

Around the Network

I thought I was clear. Sorry. What I mean is that they are almost certainly talking about how they have filled up a SINGLE-LAYERED Blu-Ray disk.

Just a few months back at TGS the producer was saying they would be pushing to keep it under 25gb, I highly doubt it jumped by ANOTHER 25gb in five months.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Mars said:
why would i want japanese voice overs ???????

Ask an Anime nerd.

Yakuzaice said:
Mirson said:
Sub all the way.

Heavenly Sword also had multiple languages. Don't know how big the size was for that one.

About 10 GB. 3.5 hours of music, 1.5 hours of cutscenes in 11 languages.

So from what I recall MGS4 will have around 4 hours of cutscenes, then add codec audio+music, so I can see how they would have space issues.

As long as the codec stuff isn't as bad as MGS2...... That never made any sense to me because in MGS1 and in certain areas of MGS2, it shows Snake/Raiden talking on the codec in a cut-scene, but the major characters in MGS2 say that they have to 'switch' to codec to protect themselves from being listened to? Are they speaking with their mind or something? 

To back up my perplexed state, I point to the scene where you rescue Ames in MGS2 and he suggests moving to nano-communication and while Ocelot was watching, they all of a sudden stopped making any noise and Ocelot curses.

Anyway, I'm was glad when in MGS3, Kojima (and team) shortened the codec stuff by a lot.

iclim4 said:
MGS games usually lasts for less than 20 hrs.
That is a lot of space.
Imagine FFXIII coming in 2 Blu-ray discs... That would be fucked up.

Maybe this game is a lot longer... or like HS they are using loseless audio.  I assume MGS4 will have way more sounds then HS did.

IllegalPaladin said:
makingmusic476 said:
Mirson said:
This would've been a problem, if it was a JRPG, considering that many JRPGs have bad voice actors. Ryan did say that MGS4 will have the best english voice overs in the series. Kojima did say 50GB blu-ray was too small, and I've found that hard to believe.

So long as they keep David Hayter, I'm happy. :D

Indeed, David Hayter is my favorite voice actor. 

Apart from Gordon Freeman of course, whew I crack myself up. Seriously though, David Hayter's voice as Snake rocks.

Agree with you both. I would do anything to have his voice.