By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mafia Round 70 - Smash Brothers - Wahahaha! Wario Wins! (And Mafia Too I Guess...)

I would like to point out that votes for time extensions and time limits are pointless at this point in the Day. Time limit votes can only take the day down to 48 hours if it's more than that, so such votes do nothing. Only people to do so thus far are Smeags (who was joking yet again, I think), and spurge. Time extension votes can only extend the time to 24 hours, if it's less than that. It won't be for another half of an IRL day, so for now those votes are pointless. Just saying, in case anyone wants to change them. You could reasonably decide to keep them there, because the time extension won't happen until enough votes are made for it, which likely won't happen before the clock goes under 24 hours. Still, you might want to take them off for now and put them on again tomorrow if you think they're still necessary.

Around the Network
HylianSwordsman said:
Holy shit! That escalated quickly!

Just because Master Hand was mentioned in the flavor doesn't mean Master Hand is a character in the game. Though if any non-playable character would be in the game, Master Hand makes the most sense to me. That said, there's still the possibility that the power simply calls Master Hand (controlled by prof) to randomly choose four people. If this were the case, it would need some way to ensure that it scum can still be lynched. In which case it would probably choose either 1 or 2 scum and 3 or 2 town. Otherwise you could randomly get a guaranteed kill for one side or the other. If somehow there is someone who is Master Hand and they choose these characters, they're either town or the SK. Think about it. Master Hand is the TRUE villain of Smash, the one that ALL characters have to fight at the end. Would make sense for an SK. I'll leave it at that though, because I doubt we'll get anywhere with that. I'm just saying, don't assume this power is town.

That actually makes sense. I'm thinking that since Master Hand is the one controlling all the trophies, and since theprof is the puppetmaster, if you will, then maybe he could have done the 2:2 scum-town-thingy...Or maybe not. I lost my train of thought mid-message. I was on fire for a second though. 

Nicklesbe said:

You make a point to say khan and Astro are team mates. If Astro is his team mate he would likely say there is no suspicion on khan and that you were wrong. I did read your analyses. I did not respond to it because I am watching others and gathering notes. I do agree with it. More evidence for it would be khan voting for padib, giving white a free pass once again and seemingly ignoring spurg that is also very suspicious and playing like he did last game.

So you're saying you thought there wasn't much suspicion on Khan because my argument draws on Astro being his team mate? There were other things in there as well, like the claim building flavor posts reminiscent of the FE game, the low contributions for most of the game, and the early defense of White's doctor fishing.

His interactions with Astro and me could be seen as scummy even independent of Astro being on his team. Whether he was distancing with his scum buddy or not, there was no interaction between the two over Khan's vote on Astro, and Astro did nothing impressive to warrant removing the vote, nor does it even seem like Astro acted because of Khan's vote. Astro had already appeared before Khan's vote, so it's not like Khan even got him to move. The whole vote and unvote seems meaningless and empty. Not much reason to vote, not much reason to unvote, no interaction between voter and voted like you usually see with votes made to get a reaction. And regardless of what you think about the non-playable character argument, I had good reason to think it was a stupid argument, and I had good logic with Astro. We might have a non-playable character with Master Hand, but to assume such without knowing and to suggest even items might be in the game is uncalled for and defies Occam's razor, simply adding to confusion. So to suggest that Astro casting suspicion on me over a gut feeling against me for calling out his poor logic is actually the best reasoning in the game? That's scummy, whether he's on Astro's team or not. He's uncomfortable with my aggressive strategy, just as we were uncomfortable with prof, and was looking for a way to get at me. He may also have been defending a teammate, if Astro is his scum mate, which I suspect may be true. But still, it's scummy either way. And the stuff you pointed out is also scummy regardless of who his teammates are.

Your interaction with spurge was really interesting though. I say it's only fair we do oblige spurge and avoid hammering until tomorrow when he returns, because it's in our best interest to get the most out of this. However, I'm thinking he might be a good second choice. He really doesn't seem to be paying attention to the thread at all. Voting time limit when it does nothing at this point, actually falling for Noctis' "you have three votes on you!" even after you called it that he didn't at the time, flat out plugging another thread as though he knows he'll be leaving this one soon, all sorts of things point to that. Between that and the panic that looks just like last game's panic, he's probably scum too.

By the way, I'm sure you know this, but be on the lookout for people who change how they play now that they're not vulnerable.

Just going to mention that spurge was claiming that theprof would give a mafia this power. Thinking about it again, he could be claiming falsehoods as a way to say that a mafia is trying to get a townsfolk out.

Just a thought. You'll find a lot of arguments of him trying to "debunk the source" as some may call it.

impertinence said:
Oh my, that's an interesting turn of events. Obviously it's time to go back and reread four players. Will post some more when I get through that work. But for now, I have a couple of questions about the settle it in smash thing.

What happens if we have a tie in the vote at the end of the day? The flavor suggests only one will be lynched, but how would that be handled? Prof chooses at random?

Also, the flavor says only votes for these four will be counted, does that extend to the time extension votes as well? As in time extension votes are not counted?

I think the time related ones still count, because prof has them up there still. The rules post at the beginning of the thread says that ties are a double lynch, so I think this "Settle it in Smash" power doesn't change that.

Around the Network
Clyde32 said:

That actually makes sense. I'm thinking that since Master Hand is the one controlling all the trophies, and since theprof is the puppetmaster, if you will, then maybe he could have done the 2:2 scum-town-thingy...Or maybe not. I lost my train of thought mid-message. I was on fire for a second though. 

I hate it when that happens. If you remember what you were going to say, feel free to bring it up.

HylianSwordsman said:
Clyde32 said:

I hate it when that happens. If you remember what you were going to say, feel free to bring it up.

I had the tab open for a whie in hopes that I would remember, but then I just decided to frick it. 

Clyde32 said:
Just going to mention that spurge was claiming that theprof would give a mafia this power. Thinking about it again, he could be claiming falsehoods as a way to say that a mafia is trying to get a townsfolk out.

Just a thought. You'll find a lot of arguments of him trying to "debunk the source" as some may call it.

Got a link for that? I think you're right, but I want to be sure. You know who else is making arguments like that? Astro and Khan.

Clyde32 said:

I had the tab open for a whie in hopes that I would remember, but then I just decided to frick it. 

Oh my god, I've done that so many times XD

Gah, the girlfriend is pulling me to bed. Doesn't want me staying up to 3 again playing mafia. I'll see you all tomorrow.