By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Highest Rated Exclusives (MC): 8th Gen Updated

What will be the highest rated game of the year?

Bloodborne 73 47.40%

Halo 5 17 11.04%

Rise of The Tomb Raider 2 1.30%

Xenoblade Chronicles X 28 18.18%

Forza 6 1 0.65%

Splatoon 4 2.60%

Other 13 8.44%

See results. 15 9.74%

Total:153
alrightiwill said:
Zekkyou, I just discovered this thread now, but I have to say. Well done. This is one of the best threads I have seen. So much detail and work.

May you rule VGC soon ;)

DanneSandin said:
Oh wow! How could I have missed this thread?! It's full of awesome!!

Seriously, superb job!

Thanks, glad you both like it ^^

Around the Network

HyWa is down to 74 from the recently updated Edge magazine review from the latest issue. GameRankings has it at 75.51, somehow, so I'm not sure why the two are so different unless one of the higher ranks were weighed differently from Metacritic.

I don't think any other reviews will come in for the title.

Vena said:
HyWa is down to 74 from the recently updated Edge magazine review from the latest issue. GameRankings has it at 75.51, somehow, so I'm not sure why the two are so different unless one of the higher ranks were weighed differently from Metacritic.

I don't think any other reviews will come in for the title.

Metacritic is weighted while GR is a pure average. Meta also has about 20 more reviews listed, so combined those likely account for the difference.

Anyway, thanks for pointing it out ^^. I'll update it (along with adding DC, assuming it reaches 75+) at some point in the next few days. I think i also need to make some changes to the 'PS4/X1 only' side graph.

Zekkyou said:

Anyway, thanks for pointing it out ^^. I'll update it (along with adding DC, assuming it reaches 75+) at some point in the next few days. I think i also need to make some changes to the 'PS4/X1 only' side graph.

I don't think you'll have to add Driveclub. >.>

I did have a question: do titles like Super Luigi U count on this?

Vena said:
Zekkyou said:

I don't think you'll have to add Driveclub. >.>

I did have a question: do titles like Super Luigi U count on this?

It's currently at 74 based on 39 reviews, so it still has a chance. Or it might pull a HW and bounce between 74 and 75 like an annoying flee ¬_¬

And yes, they do. With exception to indie collections (for now), as long as it's had a retail release and can be bought as a stand alone product it's valid for the list ^^ They aren't particularly common, and tend to be reviewed harsher than you'd expect for their price point, so it tends to work out fine.

If they ever become common and frequently receive very high scores i'll consider removing them, but for now i think they're fine. Makes my life easier :p

Around the Network
Zekkyou said:

It's currently at 74 based on 39 reviews, so it still has a chance. Or it might pull a HW and bounce between 74 and 75 like an annoying flee ¬_¬

And... HyWa is back to 75!

LOL

Vena said:
Zekkyou said:

And... HyWa is back to 75!

LOL

Stahp it HW, stahp.

Ah well, thanks for pointing it out. At least now i won't need to bother editing it :p

Looks like Bloodborne settled at 93.

Sorry for the long wait, my excuse is laziness. If I've missed anything or made any mistakes, let me know and i'll have them fixed ASAP ^^

Update (12/04/2015):
Added to the 8th gen console exclusive graph/list:

PS4:
- Bloodborne (93)
- Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- (85)
- MLB 15: The Show (79)
- Toukiden: Kiwami (76)
- Samurai Warriors 4 (76)

WiiU:
- Super Smash Bros. WiiU (92)
- Bayonetta 2 (91)
- Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (81)
- Kirby and the Rainbow Curse (75)

X1:
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection (85)
- Sunset Overdrive (81)

Added to 8th gen "PS4/X1 only" side graph/list:
- Grand Theft Auto V (97)
- Dragon Age: Inquisition (89)
- Minecraft: PS4/X1 Edition (89)
- Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin (87)
- Far Cry 4 (85)
- DmC: Definitive Edition (84)
- NBA 2K15 - (83)
- Borderlands: The Handsome Collection (83)
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (81)
- Alien: Isolation (79)

There are more with 75+ scores, but I've limited the PS4/X1 only graph to 25 (the current 8th gen graph limit).

Added to the 7th gen console exclusive graph/list (both the full and yearly updated):

PS3:
- Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX (81)
- Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late (80)
- Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd (78)
- Atelier Shallie: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea (75)

New additions:
- Yearly 8th gen console exclusive graph and list added.
- New side graph showing the WiiU launch aligned to the PS4 and X1.

BraLoD said:
Nice, still waiting for the 8th gen top list.

I'll probably put a top 8th gen list up in the next update ^^ I might also do one for the 7th gen console exclusives, since the current one is only for the 'true' exclusive list.