By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Starcraft Mafia - Game Thread - Concluded

impertinence said:
on padib:

I don't have enough experience to do a lot of meta playing with any hope of success, but considering this game was set up and balanced before anyone thought padib would be able to play I doubt he is scum. I am assuming it would be much easier for the mod(s) to just add another town player without upsetting the balance of the game.

If this is a misunderstanding of how mafia games get set up, please let me know. Until then I will consider padib as confirmed town for me.

There was a list of 3 replacement players in the sign up thread so if padib hadn't been able to play WoW would have replaced him by one of those players. So the uncertainty about him doesn't tell us anything about his alignment.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Except carl you're making a huge leap in logic by assuming that since I did not know what's in my pm, that it means I have a scum pm.

And "he did it to himself"?
Sounds like you're pretty sure he will flip town and you're escaping culpability.

Everyone should vote carl, guaranteed scum.

Carl2291 said:
AstroGamer said:

Well there is 2 more votes remaining before he's dead. I need to formalize my thoughts a bit more and I'm going to be somewhere for a bit so, I'll post something bigger in 2 and 1/2 hours

Dont turn into a Conegamer and be forever branded a lier.

Sorry, accidentally fell asleep. I guess a few people started to get active last night.

My change in behaviour might be due to how frequently i come to this forum now. When Mafia was active, I was on this site pretty often like a few times a day. I also had a mobile device that could access the site while I wasn't home. Currently I do not. I'm also not a very good Mafia player. 

prof in particular is weirdly active.  Especially considering we didn't gain much new info. He feels kind of bloodthirsty

EricFabian is also acting a bit weird. Can't really grasp his playstyle.

Seeing how this game is going, it's pretty likely that one of the mafia is one of the active players

On my bandwagon vote, that's me giving up hope in Nickels. i have a feeling he's town but, with the time limit and him being in the lead by a longshot, it didn't really seem he has a shot of living. The vote changed a bit during the night though so now there's a chance he'll live.

For now, 

unvote

HoS prof

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

I thought we could use a votal at this point. It's not official but I think it's accurate.

(1) bugrimmar - padib
(2) Carl2291 - Nickelsbe, theprof00
(1) EricFabian - impertinence
(6) Nickelsbe - Conegamer, EricFabian, WhiteEaglePL, spurgeonryan, Sparks
(1) WhiteEaglePL - TruckOSaurus
(1) AstroGamer - 
Wonktonodi
(1) theprof00 - 
Carl2291

(5) Not Voting - 
Astrogamer, bugrimmar, HylianSwordsman, radishhead, Wright

With 17 alive, it takes 9 to lynch.

Countdown to Night 1: http://itsalmo.st/#night1

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
impertinence said:
on padib:

I don't have enough experience to do a lot of meta playing with any hope of success, but considering this game was set up and balanced before anyone thought padib would be able to play I doubt he is scum. I am assuming it would be much easier for the mod(s) to just add another town player without upsetting the balance of the game.

If this is a misunderstanding of how mafia games get set up, please let me know. Until then I will consider padib as confirmed town for me.

There was a list of 3 replacement players in the sign up thread so if padib hadn't been able to play WoW would have replaced him by one of those players. So the uncertainty about him doesn't tell us anything about his alignment.

Padib was replaced, by FusionCode (that turned out great) and when padibs ban was reduced he was added back as a 17th player to a game that was set up for 16. If padib was just flat out replaced, obviously my whole reasoning would be nonsense.

Around the Network

Imp
not sure why you would consider that padib is somewhat confirmed town when we have no indication whether roles were ASSIGNED before or after.
kind of a weird assumption to just assume someone is town without a real concrete reason. It comes off as you simply knowing he's town and rationalizing why.

(1) Astrogamer - Wonktonodi
(1) bugrimmar - padib
(2) Carl2291 - Nickelsbe, theprof00
(1) EricFabian - impertinence
(5) Nickelsbe - Conegamer, EricFabian, WhiteEaglePL, spurgeonryan, Sparks
(1) theprof00 - 
Carl2291
(1) WhiteEaglePL - TruckOSaurus

(5) Not Voting - Astrogamer, bugrimmar, HylianSwordsman, radishhead, Wright

With 17 alive, it takes 9 to lynch.

Countdown to Night 1: http://itsalmo.st/#night1

padib has announced V/LA until 9/12.

Please PM Smeags or myself if there's an issue with the vote count.

I find it interesting how Nickles playing differently this time, but I don't know what that means in terms of alignment.

impertinence said:
TruckOSaurus said:
impertinence said:
on padib:

Padib was replaced, by FusionCode (that turned out great) and when padibs ban was reduced he was added back as a 17th player to a game that was set up for 16. If padib was just flat out replaced, obviously my whole reasoning would be nonsense.

Nobody had received their PMs by that time so WoW probably re-assigned roles randomly when padib was added.

Signature goes here!

Okay I'm here. I'll try to be on as much as I can until day ends. Ask me anything.