By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Starcraft Mafia - Game Thread - Concluded

radishhead said:
Wonk's desire for a lynch at all costs today has me very concerned about his potential alignment.

For the record, at no point today have I felt Wright being on "my side" this game, so anyone suggesting that he's buddying to me is also being watched closely. Day 1 is the prime time for the Mafia to start infiltrating hidden agendas into the clueless population without them having any idea that it's happening- I often catch onto such things, however.

I'd like to go on record with my strong desire for a lynch toDay as well. Provided that the players we have here are smart enough to claim if we are in danger of lynching a town power role I see absolutely no upside to not lynching. It makes no sense what so ever it can only serve to harm town if we wait. Even if you don't want to invest the work in trying to extract information from a lynch at least there is the mathematical advantage of getting a lynch on Day one.

Lynching on Day one is ALWAYS beneficial for town, to be against it is a scum play in my book, especially to be against it regardless of circumstance and what discussion takes place during the day. 

Around the Network
Wonktonodi said:

you do know that some people only have the vanilla town ability to find scum right? and giving that ability away for nothing is rather stupid. As much as I hate day 1 and think of it as mostly fluff. I hate giving it away even more. In fact

Unvote

Vote Radish

wanting to throw away an opurtunity to lynch in a game with a time limit to find scum and rush to night is not in the best interest of town

I'm the only person so far who has voted No Lynch- does it look like there's a bandwagon to end the day early at this point? You're absolutely insane, and I'm pretty convinced that you're trying to find mafia-like behaviour in simply unconventional town behaviour because you're looking to get a head-start on the game.

Unvote

Vote Wonk

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

impertinence said:
radishhead said:
Wonk's desire for a lynch at all costs today has me very concerned about his potential alignment.

For the record, at no point today have I felt Wright being on "my side" this game, so anyone suggesting that he's buddying to me is also being watched closely. Day 1 is the prime time for the Mafia to start infiltrating hidden agendas into the clueless population without them having any idea that it's happening- I often catch onto such things, however.

I'd like to go on record with my strong desire for a lynch toDay as well. Provided that the players we have here are smart enough to claim if we are in danger of lynching a town power role I see absolutely no upside to not lynching. It makes no sense what so ever it can only serve to harm town if we wait. Even if you don't want to invest the work in trying to extract information from a lynch at least there is the mathematical advantage of getting a lynch on Day one.

Lynching on Day one is ALWAYS beneficial for town, to be against it is a scum play in my book, especially to be against it regardless of circumstance and what discussion takes place during the day. 

Of course discussion on Day 1 is very useful- but it's best used on Day 2 and beyond when we have evidence and actions to compare it to.

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

radishhead said:

I'm the only person so far who has voted No Lynch- does it look like there's a bandwagon to end the day early at this point? You're absolutely insane, and I'm pretty convinced that you're trying to find mafia-like behaviour in simply unconventional town behaviour because you're looking to get a head-start on the game.

Unvote

Vote Wonk

You're the only person so far who has voted No lynch, but using the same methodology, I said before that I wouldn't vote on the first day.

That doesn't make you townie, nor defends your case.

I'm not going to vote on the first day, but I have you pegged. The non-sexual term, I mean.

Words Of Wisdom said:

Nuclear detonation occurs on Day 5.  Four days remain.

All facility occupants ( players ) will die on Day 5 if the perpetrator is not caught and killed before then.

Day 1 begin.

http://itsalmo.st/#night1

Just to remind people. If we die on day 5 that means we get at most 4 lynches before then. If you throw away night one that leaves 3. That also leaves 3 nights with one more person in them for investigative roles to chose between.

and as impertinence just said players with power roles should have the brains to claim before they get hammered. Though the town might need reminding not to hammer if the player is close and hasn't had a chance to claim.

Around the Network
Wright said:
radishhead said:

Unvote

Vote Wonk

You're the only person so far who has voted No lynch, but using the same methodology, I said before that I wouldn't vote on the first day.

That doesn't make you townie, nor defends your case.

I'm not going to vote on the first day, but I have you pegged. The non-sexual term, I mean.

throwing your own vote away by not voting isn't much better. It just means that it takes fewer votes for someone to have the most at the end of the day.

radishhead said:

Unvote

Vote Wonk

such convictions for your no lynch principals

Wonktonodi said:

throwing your own vote away by not voting isn't much better. It just means that it takes fewer votes for someone to have the most at the end of the day.

False. It takes a certain amount of people to lynch someone, and that's measured with people alive, not people neglecting the vote.

With 17 alive, it takes 9 to lynch.

So you want me to just throw a vote, without any kind of solid evidence, in order that someone gets lynched? A townie, perhaps, to make your job easier?

Is that what you want?

Nicklesbe said:
EricFabian said:

I already gave my reasons guys. What you want?

You did not explain your reasons. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6655857

That is not remotly explaining your reasons. When asked your reasons you say it is a secret and you won't say. Then you continue to ignore people that ask. Then you get fed up and say that you already explained you reasons when you didn't

I don't know if you realize this but that is a lie. Lies are detrimental to town. If you are town then you are seriously hurting town and giving mafia ample ammunition. If you are mafia then that could be considered a slip.

Lies about your motivations are so detrimental to town that there is actually an established practice known as lynch all liars http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Lynch_All_Liars

So the way I see it, you can come clean and explain why you are voting for White.

Or you can continue to lie and be evasive. The choice is yours. At this point however my vote is staying on you and I have no intention of removing it because of this.

well, now you seem suspicious to me. Interrogating everyone about everything. That is enough for me. So

Unvote

Vote Nicklesbe

An yes, I gave my reasons: I had a feeling. I said that. Don't why isn't enough for you...

Click HERE and be happy 

Carl2291 said:
Caught up on my phone but... Destiny.

care to catch up on the game during a break from your game?