By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Starcraft Mafia - Game Thread - Concluded

radishhead said:
Impertinence's last comment, when combined with other posts that I was thinking about, gives me the impression of a Mafia member telling his Mafia friend not to act like a crazy person because he's going to get killed.

Not going to act on it, but that's the feeling I get from their interactions.

So you are working on the assumption that there is no day talk for the mafia?

Around the Network
impertinence said:
radishhead said:
Impertinence's last comment, when combined with other posts that I was thinking about, gives me the impression of a Mafia member telling his Mafia friend not to act like a crazy person because he's going to get killed.

I normally do, although I guess since this is a crazy game it could have day talk

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

radishhead said:
impertinence said:
radishhead said:

I normally do, although I guess since this is a crazy game it could have day talk

I think mafia would have a thing or two to say about me outing two possible tells by another mafia member that up until now has not been the subject of much interest. Would be a pretty peculiar tactic to draw attention to something that would be best left out of towns attention I'd say. I guess you could make a case that I have already decided that Nickles will be lynched, and I am trying to distance myself from him which would also be terrible scum play on my behalf.

I find it much more interesting that you would just outright assume no day talk. Either you already know there isn't or you're making a considerable mistake in just jumping to a conclusion about that part of the game setup.

Last WoW game did not have day talk, perhaps that is the most common setup, but I know enough about mafia to know that it could exsist. In fact, the longer the frequent contributors from last game Sparks and proff  decide to be missing in action, the more I will picture them cozing it up in their quick topic while town is stabbing in the dark.

Now I would like to send out a message to either the medic or the medivac who must be out there somewhere. Considering we all have hit points, I'm going to assume that your ability restores hit points at Night. If that's the case then I hereby request your protection/healing toNight.

I'm asking this because I have very strong reasons to believe I'm going to need it. Last game I was able to postpone my death only by guilt tripping people since I arrived later as a replacement but it's not really an option this time around. I can be a very valuable asset to the Town especially if I'm allowed to live into the later Days and I would really like to make it there and reverse the trend of Mafia wins on VGC Mafia.

I'm not asking you to only consider me as a potential protectee (gotta keep the Mafia guessing after all) but I'm asking you to put me at the top of your list. I know you might be thinking I could be Mafia trying to lure Doctor protection away from the Town but let me assure you that I am Town and I'll spend the rest of Day One trying my best to demonstrate it.

Finally, VERY IMPORTANT, DON'T EXPOSE YOURSELF! Just take what I had to say into consideration and make your decision.

Thank you!

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
Now I would like to send out a message to either the medic or the medivac who must be out there somewhere. Considering we all have hit points, I'm going to assume that your ability restores hit points at Night. If that's the case then I hereby request your protection/healing toNight.

I'm asking this because I have very strong reasons to believe I'm going to need it. Last game I was able to postpone my death only by guilt tripping people since I arrived later as a replacement but it's not really an option this time around. I can be a very valuable asset to the Town especially if I'm allowed to live into the later Days and I would really like to make it there and reverse the trend of Mafia wins on VGC Mafia.

I'm not asking you to only consider me as a potential protectee (gotta keep the Mafia guessing after all) but I'm asking you to put me at the top of your list. I know you might be thinking I could be Mafia trying to lure Doctor protection away from the Town but let me assure you that I am Town and I'll spend the rest of Day One trying my best to demonstrate it.

Finally, VERY IMPORTANT, DON'T EXPOSE YOURSELF! Just take what I had to say into consideration and make your decision.

Thank you!

This is an interesting post.

What possible reason do you have to think you're going to be targeted?

Around the Network

I can't think of a unit that's likely to have a built-in chance to be more likely to be killed or easier to kill

Watch me on YouTube!

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Ok lets get this over with then. Town needs information so lets get that information. It hasn't been very long and I had hoped to get more investigating in but what I've found so far will hopefully be enough. I'm going to be a huge lynch target all game. Mafia knows it and are taking advantage of that fact.  You want your mafia, I suggest you look at Carl, trucks, cone and burger. One of them is likely mafia, then look at all those who are quiet, I would also suggest heavily suspecting anyone that is really quiet now that was town last game. Odds are they could be mafia. First vote always sucks and town needs answers so if I am going to be a huge target all game and a potential liability then lets get this over with and hope that I was able to finger some mafia in this short time.

Vote: NIcklesBe

It was nice playing with you, I hope in future games you judge me less by my play style and more by the actual information I find. I wish luck to all my fellow townies and I will keep seats warm in the graveyard.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

Wait, that's not actually the hammer vote, right? I don't even think Nickels is Mafia

Watch me on YouTube!

Not a hammer vote, but a possible scum gambit.

Funny post by Nickles after advising everyone very early in the game to be on the lookout for emotional responses.

impertinence said:
Not a hammer vote, but a possible scum gambit.

Funny post by Nickles after advising everyone very early in the game to be on the lookout for emotional responses.

it is not an emotional responce. It is neither angry or sad. It is logical. I am clearly a liability to town, I am an easy lynch target for mafia. They know this. First vote of last game was painful for everyone even mafia, and especially me. So my hope is that at least some mafia get on the bandwagon to get me, which may end up benefiting town more than me being around what with everyone second guessing themselves.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)