By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Very Ambitious Sony E-Distribution Service- "Station Launcher"

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=13872

It looks like Sony is finally trying to integrate their all their media into one service. "Station Launcher" integrates their MMOs, Movies, Music, TV Shows into one service. You'll be able to download any of those things on your PC or PSP (or other devices in the future) and only have to pay once. There's a whole bunch of other features too. I'm not doing a great job explaining this, so it really behooves you to read the article if you wanna know what this is all about. It sounds like it has a lot of potential now and into the future.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Around the Network

sounds neat considering sony makes so many movies and stuff.

I still think they should port EQ2 and vanguard over to PS3, and give existing players license of the PS3 version without having to re-purchase the games. Most will rather buy a PS3 than to upgrade their PC. For the price of the PS3, you cant get a PC half as good.